Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

What is it?

16 posts in this topic

Long story but what kind of boat is this? All I know is what you can see in the picture and itr has a 165 Mer Cruiser I/O

Thanks for any help guys

bigrig.jpg

The rounded anti-cav plate and ring in the top of the upper case suggests to me its pre 1974. Boat make??? I'm trying to make out the symbol next to Yosemite Sam.

Hi Johnny, I think it may be an "American" or "All American". Just a guess, but it looks familiar.

Say hi to the family.

In the Ocean they call those "man-made reefs" On Red it may be a "Crappie Crib"

No idea what kind of boat it is, but it looks like it would be fun to pound around out in some roughstuff with. May even keep the blue tarp on for good measure.

I sure like those older boats,,,,,,but they don't seem to serve much of a practical use anymore. Exceptfot my 1969 16' Lund which has never really changed it's design.

It is one of the deals where a death in the family has this boat headed for Waskish...not really sure what Kelly and Patsy are going to do with it but it will be high wind boat...they will need the wind/high water to get it out of the canal. eek

The title card was found yesterday and it is a 20' Appollo "73" vintage.

Looks like there is rigger bases on it. Its a tank and will love the gas but if its in ok condition it would be a nice dry ride on those windy/wet days.

Looks like a Appolo to me, I had 1, tried killing me 3 times, sunk with 7 aboard, started me on fire , 8 days in the burn unit, then the finally was getting rear ended on the highway and getting jack knifed into traffic, that was the last horraw!.

how do you sink a boat? i couldnt imagine beign in ym boat with all my gear and going down. seems like the feeling would be worse than falling through the ice.

There is a hose that the drive runs through to the lower unit,below the water line. It cracked or wore out. Out in the middle of cass my daughter said Daddy my feet are getting wet, well enough water had come in that the starter got wet. Luckily there was a boat close enough to flag down, he pulled us in, we put every one into his boat ( another bigger boat) got back to shore and by the time I got the trailer to the access she was barley floating, No more inboards for me.

I don't think it is but the shape is the same as a 1968 Cris Craft I owned and restored with some buddies in college.