Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mainbutter

leader?

4 posts in this topic

what do people use for leader material for cats here? Do you find cats particularly line-scared?

I'm trying out fluoro leader for the first time, fishing for channels, to see if it makes any difference.

I use mono leaders. Don't really think Fluoro line really is necessary for cats though. Most cats don;t seem to be very line shy and especially with the murky waters we tend to have.

I use HiVis PowerPro, usually my old line off my reels when I change lines. It is easy to see in the dark and it makes it easier to untangle lines in the dark too. Cats aren't line shy - I wouldn't worry about trying to hide leaders or hooks. I'm more concerned with presenting fresh, juicy bait - once they lock on a bait they are going to eat it.

Thats sort of what I figured, I just had some fluoro I got for a x-mas present laying around and realized that it was my only extra line not already spooled onto a reel.