• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early 80's evinrude 40 hp prop

picksbigwagon

My boat has a 80's evinrude 40 hp that needs a new prop thanks to the rocks in Wisconsin last summer. It currently has a 13x10 prop and I for the life of me can't find one on the internet.......suggestions? Oh yeah, my boat does has a trim and tilt with a foot switch....if that helps

I checked their HSOforum but didn't have any luck. I think I will just have to call them. I wouldn't mind picking up some speed. Even with just me in the boat, it never breaks 23 mph, of course I do have a couple of 31 series batteries up front for the trolling motor and a 9.9 hanging off the back....and a driver that weighs a little under (yes I said under) an eighth of a ton.....

I will give Jay a call next week....probably send my old prop in for a back up and get a new one as well....

My kindergarten son is ITCHING to get in the boat and go fishing. I am hoping to get it ready on Saturday so maybe we can go sunday

I'm assuming it's through hub.. ( I say that because they did make commercial engines through 1985 that were pin drive).. and I see where OMC has a 13x11p. Found some aftermarket props that are 10 3/8 x 10p.

how would I know the difference? being Mechanically denied.....

what are the advantage of a 13X11 vs. some of the 10 3/8 x 10 " props? I am assuming bigger is better to a certain extent, I have always thought my boat should be a little faster.........I am not sure but I get 22-23 solo and with one other guy in the boat with me. 21 with 3 guys and stuff. It is a 16 foot crestliner fish hawk tiller....

Okay, it is a 1989 evinrude on a 1989 16' crestliner fishhawk. Is a 13x11 prop ideal for my boat? I have a 24 v trolling motor up front, with 31 series batteries. I have a 9.9 hanging off the back. I weigh just under an eigth of a ton....I have a foot controlled trim and tilt on it....

I don't think I am anywhere close to the 5500 max WOT RPM's from the manufacturer recomendations. Do I need a smaller diamter prop instead of a 13" diameter prop? Do I need more or less pitch?

with just me it goes 23 mph, with me and my friend along, it gets 23 mph, with 3 guys in it, it drops to 21 mph.....is that as good as I am gonna get?

Yes Jay, I will still call you on monday if I can, and I will mention all of this to you at that time too. Anyone else care to help?