• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor died

snoozebutton

First time out and we left the landing, started up just fine. I idled out to deeper water and put the throttle downand it started to rev but then died. Started it back up but would only idle after that. Every time I gave it gas it would die. After about the 3rd time staring it the "check engine" buzzer went off. Any idea what could be wrong? Shouldn't be bad gas, I topped it off the last time I used it last fall (around the middle on November) and added Sta-Bil to it.

Anyhow, it's in the shop now and still under warranty so I'm not too worried. I am curious as to what could be wrong with it though. Ran just fine when I put it away last fall.

Given the complexity of 4 stroke fuelies, I'd say any suggestions at this point are merely guesses. Like MM said it could be anything. Its where it needs to be, in the shop. But as long as were guessing though, I'll go fuel filter. Restricted fuel flow is the reason for the check engine buzzer.

I had a motor with a problem that sounds fairly close the choke would not shut off so it would run great at idle but as soon as you gave it gas it would sputter and shut down. Just be glad it's under waranty and hopefully home before opener.

I hate to even say this but the gas line was loose. 1.gif

I would've checked some things like that but the fact that the check engine buzzer went off had me worried and since I was only 10 miles from the dealer, that was a lot easier. Anyway, I had it out Friday and it ran great. Even caught some nice crappies.