• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Been a while since posting, but have been fishing the stretch from Dubay dam down to the Blue Heron landing south of Point.

Walleyes are in full swing, though now most fish seem to be spawned out. I haven't done well in the usual shallow haunts yet this spring because of the low water. The dams are closed as well, so there is not a lot of water moving through right now. Have managed the usual shorts, with a few legals thrown in. Guys in boats are doing much better than the shore spots because of the low water, but haven't gotten mine out of storage yet.

Haven't heard much about or caught any smallies yet this year, but with the warm spell I would guess the next week or so they will start as well.

Was out by Nekoosa this past Saturday morning. Pretty slow. Water level was up, water was moving pretty fast. There was a lot of junk in the water and good size ice junks floating down the river.

Only caught one walleye.

Hopefully this weekend it picks up.

They still do "Walleye Days". I don't know exactly what they do beside the big fish tourney, I have never done anything with Walleye days.

Out this morning fishing the WI river. 4 walleyes at daybreak, one legal. NO more bites from 8:00 to 10:00 am.

Great morning.

Out again this morning. Cold and fairly slow. 2 fish caught one short walleye and one 24-25 inch walleye, nice looking fish. They guys fishing next to me had two slot fish, including a 27.5 incher.

Early morning bite was basically the only bite.

Good luck all, the next weeks will be fun.

Was out this afternoon fishing from shore on the WI river south of Nekoosa.

Slow day but good quality. I only caught 6 fish two shorts, one legal, and 3 fish in the 22-23 inch range. Nice looking females, looked like they still had eggs in them. None of the smaller fish were milking.

Windy, windy day on the river. Boats were having a rough time.

A couple of FYI's. I think John Gillespie was filming on the river. He had a big black Lund boat. Anyone for a Johnsonville. Guy fishing next to me said John was out most of the day in the area. Look for it Saturday morning.

It looked like the DNR was out shocking fish. They had a long boom on the front of the boat. I never did see them net any fish though.

Good luck every one.

Hey there! Been out a handful of times this spring between a crazy firefighting season and classes. I have mainly been fishing below the dam (under the tressel) in town on both the east and west sides. First time out about a month ago I pulled in a 32 inch muskie a few shorts and about a lb smallie. Also had a few skunked days, surprisingly enough. I was out last Friday right as a storm was moving in and all we picked up was a typical 14 inch eye and small smallie before getting chased away by some wild weather. Looks like I probably am done fishing the river till I get back out in the fall then the fall cats will be going strong!!

Went out by blue heron yesterday and managed 4 small 13" walleye. All were caught on 1/16 oz. Green jigs and fatheads. Saw a huge musky surfacing near some logs over and over again. I was able to flag down a guy that I saw chucking some huge metal to give it a shot trying to catch the fish. Unfortunately I had to leave before anything happened.

Out at Biron flowage, out of Galecke, with the family Saturday. Just recently inherited a used 14 foot mirrocraft with an old 25 horse Johnson on it. Boat works great, will be great for Son and myself instead of 4 of us.

Took it pretty easy, no depth finder yet. Ordered one from Amazon, will be here 5-25-10.

I trolled a few cranks with no fish caught. Hopefully I will get out again this Memorial weekend with a depth finder.

Never boat fished Biron flowage before, it will be a big learning experience for me this summer.

Good luck to everyone.

Out south of of Biron dam this morning. Caught a few smallies trolling reef runner. Saw a lot of big fish surfacing/chasing bait. Few other guys out.

Anyone catch walleyes here in the summer? I get them in the fall, but have never summer fished for them.

Sorry not a report, I just want to report on a few access points.

As of 3-13-11 Galecke had a lot of ice and snow on the access.

Was over in WI rapids this afternoon, saw one boat up by the mill. 4 other rigs were at the access in WI rapids.

I may try over by Nekoosa from shore this weekend.

Good luck all.