Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trollin226

Lowrance 522 problem ?

7 posts in this topic

HI running a lowrance 522 once in a while I loose bottom and screne reads 1.3 fow regardless of actuall depth, clarity, or bottom conditions. Lowrance, and the dealer have not been at all helpfull, I was wonderin if anyone here has any suggestions.

I have had the same problem with my 522, another post said something about going into the menu and set it read for shallow water. I haven't tried or looked at my menu yet. I'll be watching the post to for any help.

There was a thread on this last year. I had the same issue. Long story short...check the versio of software your unit is running. There is an update on the Lowrance web site that helps but doesn't totally eliminate the issue of losing bottom in shallow weedy water.

Lowrance 522 Loses Bottom Reading

Hope the link I inserted for the thread works.

Quick fix. Get rid of it. Thats the only way you wont have problems with this locator.

Don't get me wrong I have thoght many times about smashing it then sending the remains back to lowrance, with over 500 invested it would be nice to have a good working unit.

Did ever think sending it back to Lowerance to have them troubleshoot the problem.Maybe they can repair it you don't have nothing to lose.