Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmeyer

New to Bowfishing

8 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, I'm very new to bowfishing and would like to know some techniques or places to look for that would be good carp or sucker spots.

Thanks

if you are going on a lake looking for carp go when the day has been hot and little to no wind the carp should be sitting somewhat out of the water or slightly under the surface.. i have no experience with rivers but have bowfished lakes and ditches here in sw, mn for 4.5 years.. aim under the fish and inch when its under the water.

any lake with carp in it will be good at the end of may when they're spawning. just look in the shallows

eary season find the warmest water. most of the time that will be bays on the north side of the lake. Use the DNR lake finder to find lakes that have rough fish in your area.

Thanks guys! That's enough ot get me started. Carpshooter, is that your rig in your avatar?

Thanks guys! That's enough ot get me started. Carpshooter, is that your rig in your avatar?

yep, as far as I know its the only blue camo bowfishing boat in MN. bluecamoboatkidsday.jpg

Wow, that's a great set up. I can't say that I've ever seen another blue camo'd boat.