• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Important passport card info.

Sorry if some of this has been discussed already - but thought I would share some important passport card info stuff.

I just went into the DMV this morning. You have to have your Drivers license AND a copy of the birth certificate. It has to be an original BC with the notary ridges - they looked real carefully at those.

The guy told me that this all goes into effect June 1 this year. I just bought the passport card. It was 45.00 verses 100.00 for a regular passport. You CANNOT fly in and out with the pass port card - so if you ever plan on flying in the future - you should get the regular passport. Also, lets say you are way up in canada and there is a emergency. The guy said you cannot fly back with just the passport card you would have to drive over the border and then fly back.

Last, he also tols me that if you have a regular passport - but it expires within 6 months AFTER your planned trip - they will still NOT accept that. I had never heard this part before - and I thought it might be important for others to make sur eyou look at your passport expiration date and then add on 6 months after that for your planned trip - jsut to make sure you are in the clear.

I was told it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get mine. He also said that most people have been finding they are arriving earlier than expected - but if you have a trip planned after May 31 - then dont hesitate!!

I dont mind having to produce the extra identification - but I do mind having to pay 65 bucks for the whole deal (45 plus about 20 for the pics etc...).

Thats 65 bucks I could have used toward a new reel or tackle.

Only good news is that it will last 10 years.