• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Risebrough fired?

IFallsRon

Just checked out a blog on a popular metro newspaper, Lemaire was saying that he was surprised and that Leopold wanted to move in a different direction than he and Riseborough. Does that mean a high flying offensive team next year? I'm all for it as long as the win column doesn't take a nose dive. I didn't have anything against watching defensive hockey. I still loved watching it, but a change of pace might be nice.

Who is out there? Coach? GM? Most that are out there have fail a # of times.

I believe you coach a system. You adjust your system to the talent that is given to you. Lamaire's system works and scores goal when the players buy into it. If they don't it doesn't work. Do you think Gabby will score more and be a plus player in a differant system?

What are your thoughts?

FT - I agree. I think this is what happened a lot in the early years of the team. They played above the skill level of the players and had a little success because of it. I think a lot of the players lost faith in this system after a so many years of it and it stopped working as well. This is also what makes me nervous about doing a 180 on our style. I don't really want to watch a year of the players transitioning to a new style and the team stinking it up.

Sad to see them go ...

Glad to see a chance for "re-birth" ..

Had we stayed healthy this season.. we could still be watching games.. ie - playoffs would have happened. No doubt.

DO NOT forget that Backstrom has such great #'s because of the defense style of Lemaire.. not saying he isnt a phenomenal goalie.. because he is. But take a look at Rolston.. Fernandez.. they didnt look so great after the Wilds defense was not in front of them.

Lets get a new MNGR in.. he can hire a new coach.. and we can begin the next chapter.

TSN is reporting current Nashville's GM David Poile could come in and take over. He's done a great job with the Pred's and they have been shredding payroll every year. The Wild spend up to or close to the cap the last few years so with more room Poile could do some damage in a good way.

Yeah, Mn has got to be a managers dream. You get all the money you want and you don't have to worry about putting people in the seats.

Whatever happens, I just want a team that wins games. If we win them 4-3 now instead of 2-1, that's ok with me.

Well after reading the the owners comments in the paper today it sounds like he would rather have Gabby then anyone else. I can except that but with him going public with that what kind of power does that leave the new coach to motivate or didsapline players if gabby stays? Risebrough offered an 8 year 64m deal and Gabby turned it down.

It will be a new still but will it produce more wins? I doubt it.

How can it not produce more wins? Change is good sometimes people, Lemaire did an outstanding job getting this team going, the team started to level off the past few years, now its time for someone else to take it to the next level. Lets not jump overboard yet.

That's what the word was when DR was still the manager. Now, who knows. If Leopold wants to have a more offensive styled team, he may hire a manager who will put a more offensively styled coach in place.

I liked both moves. It will be nice to see fresh faces behind the bench and in the front office. I read the new GM will get to pick his coach and I for one hope he is more offense/attack oriented. I really got tired of watching the Wild dump and chase and then try to set up for a perfect shot instead of shooting the puck more. How many times did they get outshot during the season? I'll bet it was quite a lot. When you shoot more, you get more opportunities for rebound and screened goals. (Just my 2 cents)

Have heard through the grapevine that they're gonna take a run at getting Mikko's brother Saku here. They also toyed with the idea of luring Modano out of Dallas and having him play for a year or two before retiring, but that the Stars are gonna offer him a front office job after his contract's up next year.