• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

color lense and why

ikeslayer

I prefer amber lenses. I can see better into the water and for longer into the eavnings with the lighter lenses. But I like lighter lenses for my glasses. Amber, Yellow, Red, Orange, all have a place in my day to day.

But for fishing It is Amber only.

I have always gone with brownish, or vermillion colored lenses. I personally don't care for grey lenses, but I'm sure there are those who say they have a time and place. I really liked the color of the green mirror costas.

Get two pair. Your number one pair that gets the most use should have brown or copper photochromic lenses that lighten or darken as light levels go down or up. These should get you by under most circumstances. All of the makers of premium sunglasses make them. I like Action Optics, but the others are probably as good.

For pair number two, get YELLOW lenses for dark overcast days. Yellow lenses really do a great job on "brightening" things up on all but the very darkest days.

I can only tell you what works well for my eyes. If I only had one color to get it would probably be amber or vermillion. For most bright situations this is what I prefer. Unless in clear water. Then I much prefer grey. I recently bought a coper and really like it, and also recently got yellow/sunrise for low light situations. (I am a bit of a sunglasses junkie.)