• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone doing any changes to there houses!

bassNspear

this what merkman made and they work awsome its for spinning daredevils or spoons

from the Hillbilly Spearer's Engineering team. you tie a decoy string on it and spinn spoons and the pike dont really come in and smash it but they come in and just stare at it all thou I had one hit and drop it then just sat under neath tring to figure out what he did until the nord lords spear hit him between the eyes grin

if you dont have one in you arsenal get one its kinda like an Ice saw once you've used one you'll wonder why you didnt get one sooner. grin

Finished Product

3006648903_91e4a750ba.jpg

Elwood we should get together this summer n do some fishing in my boat and see if we cant out some of these together.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, you can make it for 2 people! This is why i got it, becuase it gives you so much room to do it! I was sitting in there with my bro up north last year, and deitz was with me at the spearing get together, adn there is a ton of room!

Get one, there the best on the market! I wanta get another one!

Is it easy to drag around? Kinda seems boxy ya know... Probably pickin one up after xmas ne ways, what's the dimensions on ur hole size in that one in yours from the gtg? What size northlander is yours? Gotta figure out how big I wanna go, probably just the 4x8 is what I'm thinkin, does that piece of wood in the middle get in your way? Wow enough ?'S now thx for the info

BNS I can't remember but is the hole in your house in the center of it ande if it is does it take any of the strength away from the floor. I bought one of those houses this summer and tring to decide on hole placement or go with two holes?

B-N-S's hole is most of the floor on one side.

I am not sure if it makes the floor weak or not.

If it did you could frame around the hole with one bys even tying it into the outside framework.

The thing I like about B-N-S's setup is that the hole is totally on one side with a 1X3 or 1X4 blocking anything from mistakenly getting kicked into the hole.

The down side may be the size of the hole you have to cut in the ice.

When you cut 2 holes each fisherman has their own hole to look at, their own decoys to spin etc etc.

Mine is set up with 2 holes. I want to open them up a bit though; I don't think I saw as many fish this year because of the smaller holes.

I am going to open them up to 36" X 22"

The floors on these things are right on the ice so they are noisy.

I recommend carpet to take care of that.

What do others think?