• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone doing any changes to there houses!

bassNspear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think you 2 could put up with each other that long. crazycrazywinkwhistle by the way i thought you were lookin to try somewhere else? confused so elwood, how many hillbilly spinners do you think bns and cb will have in there house by the time the trip is over? sicksmirkcrazylaughwhistle

I am thinking of removing the floor on my 2 hole 8' X 8' canvas Northlander and changing it over to a BNS style layout with a 3.5' X 7' hole or so in one side, and keeping the other side solid so 1 or 2 (or more) could sit on the 4X8 side.

I am not sure if I would like that better or not.

Just think of all the stuff I could drop in a hole that big. lol

Right now it has a 2' X 3' hole in each corner.

What do you guys think?

I am thinking of removing the floor on my 2 hole 8' X 8' canvas Northlander and changing it over to a BNS style layout with a 3.5' X 7' hole or so in one side, and keeping the other side solid so 1 or 2 (or more) could sit on the 4X8 side.

I am not sure if I would like that better or not.

Just think of all the stuff I could drop in a hole that big. lol

Right now it has a 2' X 3' hole in each corner.

What do you guys think?

I have been holding off adding my 2 cents, hoping someone with some experience would chime in.

42 INCH BY 84 INCH HOLE!!! It just seems too big. Too much ice to remove. Too much work. Would you support the floor around the hole? Just too big!

Something like 2' x 6' seems more reasonable. Currently I spear out of a 2' x 3' hole. I don't think I would want it much "deeper" than that. It seems the fishies would be able to see movement above better with a 3.5' deep hole than with a 2' deep hole. Just my opinion, no real world experience.

In a 6' (or 7.5') wide hole, I would be very tempted to put some fake weeds down the center of the hole. Attach the fake weeds to rattle reels on the ceiling or walls just as you might a decoy. With "weeds" in between a decoy(s) on either side, I would believe that many a pike would stage in the fake weeds eyeing up lunch. A person could spear the pike right in the fake weeds, If the spear grabbed the weeds, the weeds would reel off of the rattle reel. Again no real world experience, but I think it would be "out of control" effective.

What ya think?

it seems that what ever size you cut the hole it just doesnt seem to be big enough and your always wondering what if it was just a bit bigger? if you cut the hole in the house big that doesn't mean that the hole in the ice needs to that big but it always can be if you want it that big. the hole in my two 4x5's are 30inches X 44 inches and that translates into half the house is hole and merkman brought that to my attention on the first get to gator last season and I still wonder sometimes if it were only bigger but then there would be no place to sit cry

As for the real weeds the only way to find out is to experiment with it and yes someone will say that it is OUT OF CONTROL sooner or later gringrin

i have been very happy with the size of the hole that i have made for my house. Ya it does get a bit old when we get a foot or more of ice, but when you have the FIsh Toys Ice saw, and cut it into smaller chunks, and then pull them out one by one, its not all that bad!

i have been very happy with the size of the hole that i have made for my house. Ya it does get a bit old when we get a foot or more of ice, but when you have the FIsh Toys Ice saw, and cut it into smaller chunks, and then pull them out one by one, its not all that bad!

yea I remember you cutting that hole at the last GTG and man were sore after that day grin and Deitz drilled alot of holes that day grin

sorry BNS I couldnt help myself and at least the saw came back.

yea especially for the little ones you get!!!! smirkcrazylaughwinkwhistle sorry big shooter, couldnt help myself on that one. J/K, anyway.