• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

Kubel is a streaky player and has been that way for the years he has been around. He goes through little slumps, so does Cuddy however Cuddy has bigger hits and plays made throughout the year.

Span has gotten better as he plays, but is considered a basehit person vs power hitter which is great, but alot of fans think they need 9 power hitters to be sucessfull. Dead wrong. So I would consider them a tie for 3rd not 4th. Just my opinion.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mauer is the obvious choice for team MVP. But if someone wanted to give the team MVP to Span, I couldn't argue with them. Where would this team be without him? One of the best leadoff hitters in the game. If he wasn't on the team, who would be leading off and what would that do to the team? Scary thought! Not to mention a guy that plays every outfield position and plays them all at a near gold glove calibur.

This guy is as valuable as any on the team, in my opinion. I find it funny that there were a lot of people ready to write this guy off as a one year wonder when he was struggling in spring training. If it wasn't for the month or so that he was struggling due to his dizzy spells, he'd probably be top 3 or 4 in the league in batting as well. As it is he's currently 8th.

Cuddyer's had a very good year. If it wasn't for Morneau going down and Cuddy having to fill in at first for the past 3 weeks, no way a case could be made for him over Span in terms of value to the team this year.

Aaron

AWH are you saying that only because Cuddy moved to first base his bat came alive. Along with more highlite or excellent defense. You get many more chances at first than right. Moving to first had nothing to do with it IMO

Either way the same players are on the same list. They are all key components for next year.

No, I'm saying his ability to play first base improves his value to the team. If he couldn't play first they'd be putting someone like Buscher or Harris over there. If they were forced to do that the past 3 weeks they would have been eliminated awhile ago. Cuddyer's flexibility to play multiple positions (much like Span) increases his value to the team.

I don't look at someone's bat in terms of the position they play in the field. (Or where they were playing when they got hot like Cuddyer late in the season) I look at the two as separate pieces that you bring to the team. So although Kubel's bat has been slightly better than Cuddyer this year, I rate Cuddyer as much more valuable to the team due to his defensive flexibility. He even filled in at CF for a couple games this year when Gomez and Span were both unavailable and did some late inning work at 2B as well.

I would agree that they're all key components to next year. Fill in some pieces in the infield, starting rotation and another couple good relievers and we'll be in good shape.

Aaron

I was one of the guys rippin' on Cuddy this spring and I'll admit I was wrong. He has had a great year and has been the heart and soul of this team the last month.

Now how about Young and Punto - the naysayers gotta give them some love too - they have been huge. Go Twins!!!

FI

Michael Cuddyer has certainly forced alot of crow to be eaten this year. It is funny how some still cannot understand that he is the type of player that EVERY MLB team would love to have. The fact that he took over for Morneau and has put up AMAZING numbers cements that fact. Cuddy is worth every penny in MLB standards...

No, I'm saying his ability to play first base improves his value to the team. If he couldn't play first they'd be putting someone like Buscher or Harris over there. If they were forced to do that the past 3 weeks they would have been eliminated awhile ago. Cuddyer's flexibility to play multiple positions (much like Span) increases his value to the team.

I don't look at someone's bat in terms of the position they play in the field. (Or where they were playing when they got hot like Cuddyer late in the season) I look at the two as separate pieces that you bring to the team. So although Kubel's bat has been slightly better than Cuddyer this year, I rate Cuddyer as much more valuable to the team due to his defensive flexibility. He even filled in at CF for a couple games this year when Gomez and Span were both unavailable and did some late inning work at 2B as well.

I would agree that they're all key components to next year. Fill in some pieces in the infield, starting rotation and another couple good relievers and we'll be in good shape.

Aaron

Wow someone that actually gets it!

I will say yes also just for you GC, but I believe his option for next year is closer to 11. So we will have to have a is Cuddles worth 11 million next year wink Maybe Cuddles will work out a hometown discount next year for long term!!

He's not taking a discount and we'd gladly pay 11 million for 32 dingers and 90 plus RBI's along with nothing short of CLUTCH play down the stretch in a pennant race.

Of course nothing is guaranteed but the contracts of these players hence my veiw that Carl Pohlad and the Twins have the best Business Sports model in ALL of Pro Sports and its proven once again this year!

Go Twins!!!!!!!!!