• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

Oh, and back to the topic, no he isn't. He signed a long term deal after a great season and hasn't produced the same numbers since. Should have inked him to a one year deal to reward him for one good season, but most teams don't like the one year deals because it enables that player to leave after the deals up. Giving someone big money after a good year is common, it is also common that they never live up to their money.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Cuddyer making $7.6 M playing mediocre baseball any worse than what actors get paid to star in movies, many of which are horrible? Case in point.. 2008 movie earnings for the highest paid actors.

Will Smith $80 M

Johnny Depp $72 M

Eddie Murphy $55 M (no I'm not kidding on this one)

Mike Myers $55 M

This doesn't make what the KG's, Kobe's Lebron's and A-Rod's and even the Cuddy's earn in a year look too outrageous.

Capitalism at its finest. None of this will change until we start refusing to pay $6.75 for a dome beer or $7 for a bucket of popcorn.

Of course ballplayers arent worth what they make. Lets rephrase the question: Is Cuddy worth $7.6M with respect to other ballplayers? If you take out the "all ballplayers make too much" part and evaluate Cuddy vs other players what do you come up with??

Still way overpaid in my book. He should be around $2M or $3M.

He was when they wrote the contract.....

I agree, at least relative to what other players make. That said, he better pick it up because an outfielder that don't hit better not play every day if you are going to contend.

Is he in the last year of his contract? If so, I don't see the Twins retaining him if his numbers are down at the end of the season. He is too inconsistent. Or he might be trade bait later in the season.

I believe they are stuck with him and his contract for at least two more years. Maybe we can get mlb to implement a designated fielder position to go along with the designated hitter rule and have him only play defensive but not be allowed to bat.

Wow 20 games into it and the judge and jury has already reached a verdict. Give it some time boys and girls. Why don't the negative nellies, get a list together and start comparing other 6 Million dollar palyers and see how there doing, so early in the season. Good luck your list, it will be long.

G.C.