• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Video Games?

Crawlerman

It doesn't beat being on the water for sure; but there are plenty of times when the ice is too thin to icefish, and for those of us who've given up on icefishing- espically on a record cold winter with no heater and nothing but a hand auger.

Add to that days with storms in the forecast or days where the fish well.. just ain't biting. You have to do something to get the edge off, right?

So over the years I've amassed a collection of fishing games; mostly console games since the problem with PC games is that you can't run them anymore after 5 years because they are too old to work with the newer hardware without a lot of tweaking, which is more headaches then it's worth. I'll list my PC games here as well, but sadly for that reason, all but one of my PC games are no longer playable under windows XP except under an emulator which requires a little effort, and it's much easier to just pop a cartridge into the old SNES or Genesis without the wait.

So without further adue, my list of fishing game geekery. Mind you, being on a limited budget means I can't buy a lot of the newer fishing games; which means there is still a lot I'm missing from this list.

Console Systems

NES Classic

Black Bass USA

The Blue Marlin

Sega Genesis

King Salmon: The Big Catch

TNN Outdoors Tournament of Champions 96

Bass Master's Classic

Super Ninetendo

Bass Master's Classic: Pro Edition

Super Black Bass

Bassin' Black Bass (I just beat this one today)

TNN Bass: Tournament of Champions (Prequel to TNN Outdoors 96)

Mark Davis: The Fishing Master

Jimmy Houston's Bass Tournament USA

Sony Playstation (original)

Black Bass and Blue Marlin (Two games in one: Remakes of the orignal NES games on one disc)

Reel Fishing

Reel Fishing II

Action Bass

Fisherman's Bait: A Bass Challenge

Big Bass Fishing

Saltwater Sportfishing

Big Bass World Championship

Bass Landing

EA Championship Bass

Ninetendo 64

Bassmasters 2000

Basshunter 64

Sega Dreamcast

(I own the Dreamcast fishing controller, it works with all three games I own)

Reel Fishing: Wild

Sega Bass Fishing

Sega Marine Fishing

Playstation 2

Reel Fishing III

Mark Davis: Pro Bass challenge

Rapala Pro Fishing

Fisherman's Bass Club

River King: A wonderful Journey

Xbox (orignal)

Pro Fishing Challenge

Portable systems

Gameboy (orignal and color)

Legend of the River King

Bass Masters Classic

Black Bass: Lure fishing

Gameboy Advance

American Bass

ESPN Great Outdoors Games: Bass 2002

Nintendo DS

Super Black Bass Fishing

PSP

Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors

Rapala Trophies

PC Games

TNN Bass Tournament 96 (old DOS game)

Trophy Bass

Trophy Bass 4

In Fisherman

Deep Sea Fishing

Phew! Sad to say, there are still plenty of games I do not own, in-spite of my efforts. I gave up on trying to collect PC games as that is impossible- there are too many of them and very few of them will run under windows XP or Vista.

As far as console games go- to my knowledge I am not missing any US released game from the NES up to the Ninetendo 64. I am missing a whole bunch from the PS2 and a few from the original Xbox. I also own a Wii and an Xbox 360- but haven't got any fishing games for them yet; I'm trying to finish up collecting the older games I'm missing first.

Feel free to reply with a list of what fishing games you own, or have played and enjoyed!

I’ve played a good portion of those, and my favorite is Pro Fishing Challenge for the Original Xbox (w fishing controller) followed closely by the Sega Bass Fishing for the Dreamcast.

We could use a good one for the 360, but sadly the developers are rarely interested in that genre.

I only have the fishing controller for the Dreamcast; the Playstation 1/2, Xbox and N64 fishing controllers are harder to come by.

Many of the Wii fishing games come bundled with a fishing controller to slide the nunchaku and wii remote into, or the third party ones are a dime a dozen. Sadly the games themselves all hover around $50, minus Sega Bass fishing, which is a reprint of a game I allready own for the Dreamcast.

The 360 has a few fishing games: They made Alaskan Adventures for the 360 as well as 2 Rapala Fishing games, the Orignal one and Tournament Frenzy 2009- which is the new one. I'll pick up one of these when they get a little bit cheaper.

I still need to figure out how to make the Black Bass NES theme into a ringtone; short of pumping up the volume on my TV speaker and recording it through the cell phone, since the quality is just not there.

When I get bored enough; I'll figure it out.