• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Conservation License...

itchmesir

So i don't know how many of you have seen this yet.. but the MN DNR has issued a new Conservation License(residential only).. which is only $11 and allows you to keep 1/2 limits.. rounding down.. so 5 would be 2.. etc...

are there any catch and release fishermen that are going to switch to this?

personally i don't think i will.. with how everything is going up in price.. i may switch to actually keeping what i catch.. and catching my daily limits of fish to help ease the wallet come grocery time.. plus i'm use to paying the $18.. its not that big of a deal

Im not sure if i will i might switch, but i know its eaiser to get the gf to get one now since its cheaper and she doesnt go out a lot. I think its a great idea, you will probably get those people who dont want to spend $20 on a license caues they dont fish enough but they would be willing to spend the $11. Just have to really watch the people on the limits i think

I'll keep buying my regular lisence even though I rarely keep a limit. Fish often and you'll stay healthy, If you fish often you don't need to keep everything you catch. The money is needed. The next thing we know, they will come up with another tax for the outdoor fund if they don't make it off of lisences.

I'd think the way that this is worded that if you're a tournament fisherman you better not consider this license, cause you'd never be able to have 5 fish in the livewell, etc. Just something to remember even if you never take fish home.

The whole idea of this is to get more people to fish and therefore sell more licenses and help supply with them with much needed money...the problem with that is a lot of exiting fisherman are going to get the conservation license and therefor offset the few other people that are going to start fishing...IMO

The whole idea of this is to get more people to fish and therefore sell more licenses and help supply with them with much needed money...the problem with that is a lot of exiting fisherman are going to get the conservation license and therefor offset the few other people that are going to start fishing...IMO

^^^ i agree with this statement.. i don't know if the number of new fishermen will out weight the fishermen who are looking for a cheaper license.. also.. if they want this to work.. they need to advertise it.. i only found out about it by thumbing through the 2009 regulations booklet

also to whomever mentioned lifetime conservation license.. im sure if this license works out for the good.. then within a couple years they will have a lifetime license.. but im guessing their gonna test it out for a few years to see if its even worth having..

I would also like to see MN start a non-resident conservation license.. maybe to spur neighboring states to include non-residential conservation licenses.. cuz $50 for a non-residential is ridiculous.. wish i would have kept my wi drivers license for the whole 2 months i lived in wisconsin

OK, I'm just having some fun here, but wouldn't it be cool for once if the DNR went the other way? I can see it now.......Introducing the new "Resident Intensive Harvest Extreme Carnivore License"!!! Hahaha.

So here's how it works, You have to purchase a regular license at full price plus you pay an additional $100 for the RIHECL stamp. The stamp allows you 1 day per month to go nuts and stack up fish as high as you want.

All regulations (except daily limit) would still apply and all fish kept must be cleaned. Any whole discarded fish would be considered wanton waste and would result in loss of fishing privilages for one year and loss of RIHECL for life.

Excuse me waiter; shore lunch for 50 please!

Itchmesir - That exactly what I want. The only fishing I do in Wisconsin is fly fishing. I don't keep any fish because I just don't feel like carrying around a dead fish all day. The $60 they want for a license is a little steep.