• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gulp for Sturgeon.

Has anyone tried Berkeley Gulp for Sturgeon? Going to Rainey tomorrow with the thought on my mind that a large part of successful catching is that your bait is fresh and not washed out - I'm thinking that although not totally natural, Gulp may hold it's stink longer thus producing a longer lasting presentation? Plus, the suckers cant nibble it off!

I've got some Gulp and may try it out on the rainy this weekend. We also have a bunch of crawlers. It's worth a shot. The more scent you can get out for those fish the better.

save your money and buy regular plastics.. anyone who can give a good plastics presentation more than likely can fish just as well if not better with a Mister Twister than over priced gimmicky Gulp

Sturgeon don't eat based on "presentation", they suck up whatever smells good. Regular plastics won't smell good, but gulp might.

Worked good last year when we tried them. They didn't outfish worms or minnows but they held their own and are good to have in the boat when you run out of live bait. I found that continuouly redipping the gulp in the alive juice helped also cause the fish use smell not sight for food finding. I used the crawlers, 4" minnow(looped on a hook), and the alive shrimp. One nice thing is they don't get pulled off by small sturgeon, suckers or bullheads either.