Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Debbie K

First Bird Post

18 posts in this topic

Welcome Debbie, see you made it over from CTM. Hope to see more of your work here!

Beautiful, the way the light plays through the egret's feathers. I had to laugh about looking for a pileated. So many times I've gone looking for something specific and instead found images of something else that were even better.

Nice work, Debbie. Thanks for putting it up for our enjoyment. smile

Great lighting - thanks for sharing, I look forward to see more of your work.

Hope your are as successful on your Pileated as you were with your egret. Nice work!

Steve & micpic - I found a pileated two weeks ago drilling out a nest, last week he was housecleaning. When I went back tonite, no sign of the birds so I'm hoping someone is sitting on eggs.

Mike - I was right under this fine bird snapping shots when some walkers came by and he took off. Right place - right time.

Thank you everyone else for looking and commenting. I do hope to post more after the weekend. Busy couple of days ahead.

That is a very cool shot with the light coming through the wings. I hope that you are able to get some shots of some young Pileated before the leave the nest.

Very nice Debbie!....I've never seen one of these birds!...great capture!......and looking forward to more of your images....Welcome aboard!

Thank you again for the kind comments.

Jim - the Pileated is in a park not too far from where I work, so my plan is to go over at least once a week to check on the progress. I missed one fleeing the nest last year in Gooseberry. I'm on a mission now!!

I was remiss in not welcoming you and for that I apologize. blush Thanks also for all your great contributions thus far.

Dotch - apology accepted. I don't know about great contributions, but I do give it my best shot.