• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Advice

Doop

Call me Jo Jo the I-d-iot Circus boy or whatever you want but I did a no no. I have or HAD St.Augustine in my front yard. About 2 months ago I put down some Scotts (I always use Scotts)to get ride of any pre-emergent weeds. I do know that some fertilizers are not to be applied on St.Augustine lawns....I read the directions and all the fine print on the bag at Home Depot....I didn't see a thing on there about not applying to St. Augustine grass....UNTIL....I had applied it to my front yard. I was so [PoorWordUsage]. It's my fault....somehow I missed it. I "thought" it was the same stuff I always use...obviously not. Anyway.....my front yard is d-e-a-d. There are small patches that are starting to grow back...I know eventually it will probably come back......right? Will lots of water help it come back? Any advice?

Ouch! We don't have much St Augustine grass up here being that it don't do well in our cold winters so my guess would be maybe aerate (St. Augustine grass likes to be aerated in the spring), apply some Iron and water it in good. Maybe do a small area first to watch and see if it starts coming back then tackle the whole lawn if it is working.

If you do aerate, that would be a great time to broadcast some extra seed out on the lawn. Then simply drag it in.

Wish i could be more help. Good luck.