Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mozy

Hook Storage

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a way to store my hooks. I don't like Plano style boxes because the hooks have a tendancy to slide all over, so I'm looking for something that I can leave the hook in its original package for easy separation and identification. Anybody have a system they use that works well? I think I remember someone mentioning a CD case...that may work well.

Just thought of this, find a plastic box thats used to hold recipe cards or 3x5 notecards. You could put the hook packages in and separate each style/size with a note card and on the front of the note card write what they are for easy access

That could be a good idea. Hopefully I could find one small enough to fit in the side pocket of my tackle bag.

I've pondered this for ever and tryed a few of the same things. I guess what I have now is a good quality box that does NOT have the removable/movable seperators. It has worked very well for me and is much easier in the long run. Very few times the hooks will jump compartments.

My dad used to buy magnetic strips w/ a sticky back and put them in the bottom of the compartments in his old planos. I just use small pocket size boxes for lindy rig components and hook storage.

I just use the small zip lock bags, maybe 2.5"x1.5", and just separate the hooks by size. I just store those small bags in the Plano boxes. I really don't have that many different sizes. I use 10, 8, 6 for panfish and walleye. All the bigger hooks I may use for bass or pike are stored loose in the Plano style boxes.

In another recent post someone had mentioned a small flip style hook storage case. I think it was referred to as a wallet. It had multiple pockets. I want to say it was made by Rapala.

I use a small molded tackle box with roughly 1.5 inch square compartments that do not have removable dividers. I believe there are 3 rows and 5 columns. Works well and fits in the top of my soft sided tackle box.

Mozy,

Take a look at my Tackle Pouches. www.todaystackle.com

I have put many hooks and jigs etc in the Tackle pouches. They are clear bendable plastic with velcro. They also fit right into a plano tackle boxfor storage. You can put them in your pocket and even wrap (cover) your jigs on your rods to prevent tangling! The size (A) is the smallest which will accomodaye you.

Bruce Mosher

I just use one of those older style screw together, stackable, things. They're kind of like little jars all hooked together. I just have different sizes &/or colored hooks in different compartments. I store this in the big open area of my box. Spare trebles I keep in a 35mm file cannister. That fits right in between the trays in one of the plug boxes.