Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stumper

New for next yr?

23 posts in this topic

Anyone heard anything about anything new for next yr? Only thing I got is.....Marcum 760 panning cam, aqua view panning cam, Cabelas Advanced angler II panning cam.....Oh and a new aquaview showdown...

Heard Vexilar is coming out with new flashers

Last I heard, they were looking at some options but nothing in stone for anything new. Rumor had it that they were increasing their power, but from what I was told, that is just a rumor. They have played with that option for a while and decided to stick with what works.

Vex is keeping retailers in the dark. They say somthing is in the works for a change,but are not ready to release what it is.

I heard Strikemaster was coming out with a new auger. Actually I know they are but don't know the specs. When I was in there in March getting blades for my auger they said they were coming out with something.

I heard Strikemaster was coming out with a new auger. Actually I know they are but don't know the specs. When I was in there in March getting blades for my auger they said they were coming out with something.

The new auger is the lazer mag pro and it tears through ice. From what I hear nils better step up their game. wink

I know a few that tested the new Pro from SM and it is the cat's meow from what I hear. The new powerhead is crazy fast and very light.

I also know someone designing a new reel for ice fishing for next season. It is going to be a hot ticket and will work awesome.

I do believe that jason Mitchell will have a few changes. Yes the new.

Yes, the new Pro from Strikemaster is a nice auger.

Nils will be on its game also.

Are you gonna still have to scoop your holes out with the nils though? grin

I might catch a walleye! shocked

i might actully be in that same situation!!!

i used the new prototype strikemaster auger while i was fishing on little whitefish the weekend after walleye closed and it cuts faster than any other auger and it is very light

What about Marcum? Why was XXXX's in walker selling them for $299? Something new from them?

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

Are you gonna still have to scoop your holes out with the nils though? grin

If you use it right, one does not have to scoop much.

I also used the new Strikemaster but I would not say that it is faster than a Nils.

I don't really have to scoop much if at all with the SM I have now.

Me either. I know I wont be buying a Nils but rather another strikemaster since it has been such a great auger.

The new Pro is a light fast cutting auger and now SM has a auger that could compete with the Nils.

Hopefully for the new owners the new engine will work well for an extended period of time.

What about Marcum? Why was XXXX's in walker selling them for $299? Something new from them?

I wonder the same thing. The handwriting between the lines sure seems to point that way. Why else would they blowout current stock at that price? I don't believe for a minute that they just want to reduce inventory.

they were selling LX-5's for $299, but I think that's over now