• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tech H2O Raingear

JoeTC

Question

Anyone have any of the gander mountain tech h20 raingear? How do you like it? Does it keep you dry? I can't afford the expensive gore tex stuff but I need some new gear as my old plastic stuff is leaking in my pants. This stuff seems nice and affordable.

Thanks

Joe

9 answers to this question

I have 2 sets. I bought the second one on closeout as the first set got wore out from wearing it all the time. The first set performed well for about 5 years before the bib thigh area started to leech water during all day rains. I tried treating it with a Gortex fabric replenisher and it did not take so the bibs were pretty much done for. I still use them late ice when it is warm and wet outside because other then the thigh area they are still waterproof. The second pair is now my summer mainstay and have worked well going on two years now. I think the first ones wore out in the thighs from some hardcore camping experiences and frequent handwiping after fish ect, the fabric just wore out. One word of caution is that if you lander them wash them on a gentle fabric setting and air dry them, don't stick them in the dryer. I found with the first set that washing them on a regular wash setting the liner fabric began to tear away from the coat and the neoprene wrist cuffs. All in all, they are a good set and should last a longtime depending on how they are treated both during use and after.

Tunrevir~