• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Went fishing

he should be pretty good by then. he will need to be carefull not to do a lot of heavy stuff with that hand as it will still be tender. we are headed up that way this weekend to do spring cleanup.

ULT - Don't know what a lek is, don't know where Tamarack or Gun is, but I do know where McGregor is. (Doesn't sound like I know much does it???)

Anyway - going to Long Lake Conservation Center for a photo retreat and shoot sharpies. Did that last year and can't wait to go back this year. Hubby is going along to take video.

Lisa - Count down has started in our house for opener. I'm surprised he doesn't have it down to the hour!!

It's the Long Lake one...a couple miles west of Gun. Tamarack is East of McGregor about 9 miles. They were talking about that one in the photo forum.

Here is the Sharp-tailed Grouse lek locations in Tamarack Minnesota.

From I-35:

-take Hwy. 210 west from I-35 to the town of Tamarack.

-take CR 16 south for about 1/4 mile and the grouse are dancing either on the west or east side of CR 16

Also if you take CR 16 south. CR 16 will bend to the west and then bend to the south. At the crook of the road there is a dirt road that heads west. Take the dirt road and drive for nearly 2 miles and there is another lek coming to a farm house on the south side of the road.

Also if you take CR 16 north of Hwy 210 and drive thru Tamarack you will come to Kestrel Rd. Take Kestrel for a mile or so and there is another lek spot on the west side of the road. There is a house with some large spruce trees in front of the house. Look from Kestrel Rd on the south side of the home and the far west side of the home for the grouse.

Oh my Gosh, they have cancelled the 27th of April according to the calendar on the left.

I think ULT had something to do with it, as he will be getting older real soon.

G.C.

OK ULT, whats going on with that? is there something we should be informed about? smirkwhistle

Went again today with the 3 year old...he caught 2 sunnies and a perch..Grandpa didn't catch anything...went again tonite, and the 11 year old caught a 7 lb flathead...Grandpa and Dad got skunked...is there a theme going here? crazy

I posted a picture of Noah's 1st Flathead in the catfish 2009 flatheads thread.