Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuntzAngling

Yellow River

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how far upstream i could navigate up the Yellow River from the Saint Croix? What is a normal catch on there?

-Andy

Not very far. Where the yellow hits the croix, is right off 35. Up stream a ways it will be where the Yellow goes under 35 just south of Danbury. If you look off ot the west it is pretty shallow and would be tough to do with a boat. And it might be that way all the way to the Croix. The majority of people put in at the campground just south of Danbury and then canoe down to the croix.

In addition to the West of 35 where it is shallow/rocky, there is a power [PoorWordUsage] and no access that I know of. Hope this helps.

What nolte said. There is a da m not far upstream. I'd stick to the Croix or head way upstream to Yellow/Little Yellow Lakes then you can go quite a ways down the river from there.

Smallmouth, pike, occasional walleye.

Maybe I could 'surf' it down on my 12' jon. Good info guys, I love that area from there to Hayward.