• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIG-RIG Rods?

I have one (first musky rod) that's a few years old. Granted I've never had a fish on it yet, but it's held up alright. From the overwhelming response from everyone else though, I don't recommend them.

Yeah I have had 3 of them and all of them have broken in various places. The only reason I had 3 was because each time I broke one I got a new one for free. After the 3rd one broke I just didn't even bother. I would for sure stay away, unless you need a rod for half a day.

Wow. I have two that have never broke over three and four years, used more than all my others over that period of time. I even had a 10-foot sturgeon on one, casting a four pound cannon ball and whole shad (another five pounds) as bait. I love em, though I don't use them as much anymore since I've gone longer. The butt fell off of one, though. I have a 6'10" and 7'6" Muskies Inc Special Editions...

Guess I just got lucky! I've had plenty of rods break on me...

Fig Rig is history, Kevin didn't have time to chase the rod business and as he normally does has his hands full bringing great new toys to the fishing world! I have been with Fig Rig since the beginning, there have been bad batches of rods which were a pain and there have been great rods that I still use every year. At least Kevin tried very hard from my experiences to make things right when product didn't hold up.

From what I was told the new owner (Tooth Tamer) has more time and some other good looking things headed our way.

Can't wait to try out some of the new toys that are being released here in the near future!

If you guys new about bad batches of rods how come you told most of us that you never had ANY problems with ANY of your rods that you made??? And how come you sold the rods if you new they were bad??? Im still a little mad at those rods, I lost a lot of 50 inchers from breakage!!

Quote:
I lost a lot of 50 inchers from breakage!!

well why would you keep using Fig Rig after losing the first couple 50"ers???

I don't know maybe they had recieved a bad batch and they sold them and then they were breaking, so Fig Rig was receiving the broken rods and replacing them and found out they've received a bad batch of rods. Just a guess...

I like to let you guys test drive equipment, it has helped me be as dollar savy as I can be, thanks. I go with St. Croix or Gander mountain guide series, have broken about 6 gander rods, but with a full warranty on them I was able to bring in the broken rod and grab a new one off the shelf, now the one I have is finally holding up.

Quote:

I don't know maybe they had recieved a bad batch and they sold them and then they were breaking, so Fig Rig was receiving the broken rods and replacing them and found out they've received a bad batch of rods. Just a guess...

Because I was an [PoorWordUsage] and believed him when he told me that they never break!!

I too worked for fig rig the last couple years b4 they shut down. I must say that they didnt know the rods were bad when they sold them - and as brian said they did everything in their power to stop it, and replace the broken ones as they came in. Kevin did everything he could to please his customers.

" I lost alot of 50 inchers " -- define "alot" bc either you had "alot" of fig rigs that you continued to use and lose another 50 (which would make one ask why keep using them) or you kept using the same broken rod over and over to lose another 50 - which i doubt.

fool you once, shame on them, fool you twice......

it's like the guy who said he broke off 6 DCGs in one weekend on 80# test, musky fishing is too much like beating your head against the wall as it is

at least you're doing something right to hook into all those 50 inchers, sounds like the time to grind an axe has passed

One summer I lost three 50 incher by breaking fig rig rods!! The next summer I didnt use them at all so I figured I could let my girlfriend use it(cuz she sets the hook like a girl.) SO anyways she broke one on a hook set and it was a weed!!! Know I use them as poking sticks for the fire!! All four rods broke in the same spot.

if they all broke in the same spot is it possible that some way you store them is causing some scoring? I'd check it out to make sure something isn't damaging them on your end so it doesn't happen to any more rods. Not saying it's your fault, but I'd check to make sure. I know 2 people with figrigs and like them. I've never used one so I don't know.

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
Quote:

Because I was an [PoorWordUsage] and believed him when he told me that they never break!!

I woulda stopped using fig rig after losing a big fish the first time like you are saying. I use St.Croix all the way and am very pleased with them but I haven't caught a fish over 34" on it anyway....