• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turkey Pictures

Archerysniper

Not the biggest turkey in the woods but when the big tom's turned and stayed out of range he came in strutting,spitting, and druming I could not pass up a 10 yard shot on a strutting jake. He went down right in his tracks and when the big tom's saw that they came over and started jumping on him and spurring him. Great morning had 11 legal birds come into 55 yards and only one hen,done buy 8:05.

turkey009.jpg

turkey012.jpg

Yes I use a blind I have done it before without one but it is really hard especially right now with the birds being flocked up you have alot of eyes to pick you off. I had a much smaller jake this morning come about 2 feet from my blind and stayed their for 10 min and didn't even care it was there and I almost allways set up in the middle of a feild they don't care about a blind so set it were ever they like to hang out and strut.

I stopped using a shotgun in 97 for more of a challenge and that is what I got lots of unfilled tags but it sure is a rush when you do connect. But any turkey with any weapon is a real trophy I have shot lots of whitetails with a bow and a turkey by far is the most challenging of all in minnesota.

Cool!

Like the others, I am impressed when someone takes a bird with a bow. I keep it on my mind every year then chicken out and grab the shotgun.

Part of the problem is I don't really like using a blind. It's the claustrophobic in me I guess. Or its just the fact that I really look forward to wild turkey on the smoker grill! grin