• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

poles for a portable

I Like Worms

Question

Guys, I need help. I built my own portable because I just couldn't find anything out there that I liked. Anyway, I am all done except for the ends of the poles that go across, from end to end, on the inside that keep the two ends up. I have the poles, they slide out to length. But what can I get to put on the ends of the poles so I can clip them on the end poles? I have seen some sort of plastic clip on the ends in some portables. Is this something I can buy somewhere for mine? Ideas, hints?
Thanks,
John

4 answers to this question

I think what your looking for are closet rod cups, they come in pairs and can be found at any lumber/hardware store, you could also use a pc of wood with a hole the size of your rod, for one end then a U shaped cut pc for the other end, either way you go its the same process, one end in the hole the other slides in the cup.

If your connecting a vertical pole to a horizontal pole do this. Get some leather strap 1" wide and 6" long, rivets,rivet gun, and snaps.
Rivet a strap 1" from the end of a horizontal poles. Rivet a male snap 180 degrees from the strap you just put in. Using a scrap piece of tubing as a gauge, wrap the leather strap around the tube and mark for your snap location. Rivet the female snap on the mark. So you do this on each end of the horizontal poles.

Worms,

I bought some of those clips from Bluewater bait in bemidji. I think if you go to any sport shop that sells portables that use those clips, they should have parts for you. I am not sure what brands of portables use them but I have a Shoremaster 6x8 that does so I just found a sport shop that sells shoremaster. Maybe you could do the same.