• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TIPS

I was just surfing the Catfish forum and got jealous. Does anyone have any good tips to share. I'll start, This is a tough one I like to use a Y shaped stick for a rod holder. You have to scout the surrounding area and find the right one it should be strong enough to penetrate the ground and long enough to support your rod safely, don't want it going in the drink. I'm gonna try and get pics next time I'm out. Please don't hold your breath though it might be awhile. But seriously anyone have any good tips to share?

Sight fishing with an ultralight is, hands-down, the funnest way to catch carp, IMO.

I try to wear dark colored or camouflage clothing when I'm sight fishing. I treat it like stalking a deer or any other animal. Carp will bolt if they see you, so do your best not to be seen.

When mulberries are dropping, they are my go-to bait. Find a mulberry tree that hangs over the water, and there will be carp directly below it. They're tough to keep on the hook, but you can tie a couple up in cheesecloth, like a spawn sack.

Sight fishing with an ultralight is, hands-down, the funnest way to catch carp, IMO.

I try to wear dark colored or camouflage clothing when I'm sight fishing. I treat it like stalking a deer or any other animal. Carp will bolt if they see you, so do your best not to be seen.

When mulberries are dropping, they are my go-to bait. Find a mulberry tree that hangs over the water, and there will be carp directly below it. They're tough to keep on the hook, but you can tie a couple up in cheesecloth, like a spawn sack.

i never knew we have mullberries around here.

but im pretty sure we all think carp are best caught on the UL =]

another tip

if you duck ponds or lakes where people feed ducks, then try freelining bread. the carp eventually recognize bread as food and will readily take it. chum with a lot of bread at first, do not cast out until you see carp coming up. i recommend using a shock leader. when setting the hook on carp while they are feeding topwater can put alot of stress on the line and cause even 12lb mono to snap like 2lb.