• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broke out the bare legs!

i went out today hoping for some good fishing in the main lake. my heart sank when i seen this...

101_0239.jpg

not even a carp or any fish in sight. i knew what that meant... i had to break out the legs. i would have to stalk LONG and hard to find feeding fish. after 2 hours of walking in the fridged waters i found a small backwater area, i stood for a while. and watched.

101_0241.jpg

eventually, i found a few fish feeding in flooded grass and bull rushes.

i casted, my first cast i hooked up with a beautiful, feisty 13lb even beauty!

101_0245.jpg

i blind casted around bullrushes and was rewarded with 2 more fish. a 5lb 11oz and a 3lb 2oz!

101_0246.jpg

101_0247.jpg

then i went upstream where i found a few fish feeding they were very small but i decided to catch one for the heck of it. behold! my smallest carp of the year! lol

101_0248.jpg

i was walking back to the house when i noticed a back of a fish sticking out of the flooded grass mats behind my house. i looked down there. and there were dozens of fish in that tiny area! not many of them were big. never more than 5lbs. but i tried fishing them. they were the most aggressive feeders i have seen in a LONG time. i hooked into about 6 fish but gave up because they kept tangling in the grass mat and either pulling the hook or breaking the line. i will break out the heavier line tomorrow and get some of them lol

here is the picture of the area

101_0250.jpg

Nice... I've never caught carp on plastics. It's always been corn (but I'm usually chasing them later in the year). I'll have to give plastics a try next week when i can get out.

Nice... I've never caught carp on plastics. It's always been corn (but I'm usually chasing them later in the year). I'll have to give plastics a try next week when i can get out.

plastics usually only work when you are stalking the fish. if you are bottom fishing ur better off with natural baits. (crawlers and waxworms would be hot right now)

im not getting that whole berkley thing but ok lol that was cool i guess nothing like showing those really cool carp...and i prolbaly would invest in a new scale to get those weights right

just bought a new scale a couple weeks ago. all weights are exactly what the scale read (stored them in the memory to post)

i havent got a chance to actually test the scale for accuracy. ill do that sometime. but rapala scales have always been dead on for me before

im not getting that whole berkley thing but ok lol that was cool i guess nothing like showing those really cool carp...and i prolbaly would invest in a new scale to get those weights right

Says the "rock bass champ" LOL. wink

Keep the pics comin'. Oh and Berkely scales work fine I own one and have tested it before to within 1 ounce.

Quote:
btw its illegal to kill a fish and leave it on the lake shore or in the water

unless it's big headed carp.. im pretty sure the DNR does not want you returning them to the waters.. last i checked

that is true. they do not want them in the water. but i believe if you catch one and kill it you cannot just leave it lay there. i think its fine to throw it in a dumpster or something. just not on the bank.

Originally Posted By: itchmesir
Quote:
btw its illegal to kill a fish and leave it on the lake shore or in the water

unless it's big headed carp.. im pretty sure the DNR does not want you returning them to the waters.. last i checked

that is true. they do not want them in the water. but i believe if you catch one and kill it you cannot just leave it lay there. i think its fine to throw it in a dumpster or something. just not on the bank.

That's correct. Over time the fish decompose and ammonia along with other bacteria leak into the lake causing more problems with algae and other water issues. If you chose to remove a fish, dispose of it properly....or eat it.

Originally Posted By: skeeterpro1

Keep the pics comin'. Oh and Berkely scales work fine I own one and have tested it before to within 1 ounce.

Yah I have had a few Berkley/Rapala scales no problems here with them.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again,thank you.

Hey carpmanjake can I get your email

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
Originally Posted By: skeeterpro1

Yah I have had a few Berkley/Rapala scales no problems here with them.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again,thank you.

Hey carpmanjake can I get your email

[email protected]