Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
pumpkinfisher

Planning trip this weekend.

I am planning on going fishing this weekend with my Pa, if the weather holds . I am thinking of going down to the Miss or some place on the root. Is it to early to catch suckers? I was thinking of Eagle Bluff, is it open this time of year? Any good access piont s on the root. I know it's trout opener this weekend so it will be busy eek.Just looking for a place in SE MN for some generally good action.

Thanks Tyler. I think we will either head down to lanesboro and travel 16 east to (hopefully) find a spot, or we will just head to the Alma float. I'm getting anxious for some sucker action.

Well me and my dad got out today fishing. We were on the Root from 8-1 grin. We started at the canoe landing just outside Chatfield. Unfortunately, the water was really low there. Next we headed to Rushford and found a canoe entrance next to a small 3ft dam. The river was really wide there, and it was hard to cast to the current seems. I think if I had some sandals and shorts I could have waded to a nice spot. However I had jeans and street shoes crazy. After about a 1-1 1/2 hours I had only caught 1 Shorthead. So, we decided to head to Eagle Cliff Campground. We spent the rest of the day there. I caught quite a few fish but my dad caught only two. I did get some new life listers. I caught a silver Redhorse, 2 Northern hog-suckers, and perhaps a golden. Those hog-suckers are some fascinating critters; with the black ring around their lip the look like they're wearing lipstick. I was surprised at how few people there where at EC. We did see a lot of cars on the side of the roads and plenty of fisherman on the Root. All in all a great day ;), I just wish my dad had caught more fish and I wish we had a camera frown.