• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moldy Water Smell

DoubleLunger

Just speculating on this. Is the city flushing out the water mains? Is your softener working correctly? Are you sure it's the water and not anything else? When I bought my house I used the pullout sprayer for the first time on the kitchen sink and the kitchen reeked of an awful smell. There was all sorts of junk stuck in the sprayer holder that smelled really bad.

Are you sure its not the drain you are smelling, you could have a problem with the sewer not being vented right wich could cause the trap to be pulled or siphoned or just a build up of hair and soap scum in the drain before the trap wich would cause a smell. Is it a sink that you use alot or one you hardley ever use. Another thing it could be is a water line that is capped and doesn't get water to flow through it wich could cause bacteria to build up in the water line.