• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighted Bobbers

The Gami ones like just like the older Blue Fox ones. I loved those but when casting them any distance they were horrible. The line would always wrap around the end.

The Thill are nice. They cast well. They are fairly bright but I liked the simplicity of the single battery in the Blue Fox better.

I've switched completely over to the Thill.

I have the same problem, but when I use them, I'm not casting out that far (to avoid this issue).

I have another model (I'll check tonight)and post tomorrow. They are heavier, and cast awesome. They are orange bottom, and the upper portion is blue. You put the line through the entire bobber. Not many problems with tangles.

I use the Blue Fox and Gamakatsu bobbers. I have a couple thills and absolutely hate them. The line doesn't want to slip through once the line gets wet and it creates a suction for the line to get trapped inside. The lights are hard to turn on and off after a while with the built in light on top of the battery. Anyone else notice any problems? On the Blue Fox models, I usually break off the stem that is used for a fixed bobber to prevent tangling. I also use the snap swivel to help prevent tangling on long casts.

I personally have had the very same issues as eveyone. It seems that it is more hassle to buy a lighted bobber and try and deal with the line and light issues, than if you were to use a regular slip bobber with a glow stick.

It's probably a little more expensive, but it is worth it if you are on a hot bite...in my opinion.

If you are set on using a lighted bobber thill makes then I beleive thill makes the best option.

I take the snap off my Gammis and no issues with tangles. I use them for all my slip bobbering. I have had problems in the past with Thrills and Blue Fox's. Seems the Blue Fox's didn't seal well and you had to dump them a couple times a night. I'm on season 3 now with the Gammis and still the original battery.

I have the glow stick things to but they just aren't that bright, and they make the bobber tilt with the weight added.

Good point Esox, they aren't as bright as a actual glow bobber, and may tilt a little. Do you ever have issues when you set the hook it creates a groove in the plastic on the top of the bobber which causes the line to catch before the bobber stop??

Going to take the swivel/snap of the bottom like you mentioned and give that a shot. Seems like it would solve the problem. It's hard enough in the eve, you don't need to be messing around with tangled lines.

thill bobber's are good but the light stinks!!! I can never turn them off and I have even opened some out of the package and they don't work.....talk about frusterating....get to the lake get set-up and then you can't get a light turned on to use a bobber!!

Same shape as the Blue Fox ones just way more reliable. I used to use those lights on the battery thing but they seemed to be a 1 use. They either wouldnt turn off or wouldn't stay lit.

This is what I'm using

firetip_grid.jpg

I use the same thing or the Japanese version made by the national company. Used to order them directly from Japan. By far the most reliable ones I've used over the years.