• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

opinions on Benelli M2 vs. SBE II, please

I am going to be buying a Benelli auto, either the M2 or SBE II. It will be a Benelli because they make them in left handed for people like me, plus I think they make very good guns. I am mainly a grouse and pheasant hunter; I have not hunted ducks or geese in years. If I decided to take up turkey hunting I would likely use my Win model 12 with full choke. So- I will appreciate any opinions as to which I should choose. I eliminated the Montefeltro because it does not seem to fit me when I shouldered the gun. I will appreciate any opinions. Barrel length opinions are welcome also, but I am leaning toward 26". Thanks much.

i own both actually. i would take the m2 before the sbe2 actually. one thing i have realized over the past few years is that the 3.5 inch shells cost to much for one and also do not pattern as well. when you match up a good gun with a awesome custom choke like the drake killer you no longer need that 3.5. i am going to little falls at reeds this weekend to see if they have any of the new benelli vinci out yet. they areo having a huge sale this weekend the one where you can try it before you buy it. good way of knowing if you like the gun or not in a hurry as when you are actually shooting it.

Have you checked out the Vinci? Check the benelli HSOforum as they aren't in stores yet. I've handled it and it seems to fit me a little better than the m2 or sbe2. It's also easier to assemble and disassemble.

how about remington 105 cti. ejects out the bottom, much cheaper than benelli too. since your hunting upland game, i'd get a nice walnut stock and blued barrel shotgun before the benelli waterproof, camo'd stock and barrel

For your uses a M2 would be great but I would check out the Vinci. As a side note I am always leary of new anything. If you want the 3.5 capability get the SBE II. Both guns will probably struggle shooting 7/8 once loads. My SBE works OK with 1 ounce loads but has the occational issue. Thats ok since I shoot 1 1/8 any how.

You should also look at Beretta's I personally didn't like the way Berettas fit me but from everything I've read people complain about them less.

Thanks for the opinions guys. According to the websites I checked, between the benelli vinci, rem cti, or beretta, none are made in left handed versions. The cti does eject down, but the action lever is on the right hand side. The rem HSOforum also states the cti msrp is over 1500 bucks, so it does not look cheaper than the benelli's to me, unless I am missing something...

If the difference in price of the two isn't a big deal for you then get the SBE. That way you have the 3.5" if you ever think you need it. I mainly pheasant hunt with mine (SBI) but love having it for the occassional waterfowl outing and then turkey in the spring.

In reference to the 3.5" capability I have to refer back to what my dad use to tell me about bringing a jacket with me into the woods..."You can always not use it, but can't put it on if you don't have it".

Thanks for the opinions guys. The rem HSOforum also states the cti msrp is over 1500 bucks, so it does not look cheaper than the benelli's to me, unless I am missing something...

Msrp on the websites of most gun companies is way higher than what you'll see them for on the shelf. Either way I'd wait another year or so to consider the 105 cti. It's actually the 105 cti II now. The first version had a lot of problems which are now supposedly worked out. They remade some of the internal parts and hopefully got things right this time.

The Vinci is not for the traditionalist. This gun looks very modern. Looks a lot like the r1 rifle. Nice gun though. Easy to assemble and disassemble. Shoulders pretty well and feels pretty good in your hands. When they'll be on the shelves is the question.