• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oconto Fishing Reports - Walleyes

We're heading up to try some of the river mouths in the bay around the Oconto area. Has anyone heard any reports? I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The ice is out and they are getting walleyes now. There is some ice still floating around depending on wind direction. Water temps in the mid 40's depending how shallow you are. They are doing really well in University Bay just NE of the mouth of the Fox river in Green Bay. Good luck!

I've heard that the fox river and the Bay outside the mouth of the river can be gang busters. Thanks for the reply. We'll be headed up to Oconto on the 23rd. I'll try to post and let you know how we do.

I didnt make it Sunday but some friends did. They arent pounding them but everyone seems to be catching fish. They got 3 nice ones plus a 35" northern and a smaller brown. Im think im going Sat morning depending on the weather.

Good luck.

The bay didn't disappoint us but the weather sure did. We ended the day Saturday with 17 walleyes, the biggest was 24" and the smallest was 21" Nice solid fish but nothing huge. Sunday was a little too rough for my blood so we headed up North to the border and tried the river, ended the day with 21 fish. The first fish of the day was a beaut!!! 30"!!! Most came on spinners but we picked up a few with shallow running sticks about 40' behing the boards in the bay. That's it for me on Green bay for this year, we'll be coming back in July to Baily's harbor for Salmon. Good luck to all.