• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN River Shovelnose

Went out Sunday and Monday for a couple hours and caught 5 or 6 Shovelnose Sturgeon. I have been fascinated by Sturgeon since I was little and these were my first ever. All I can say is, these fish are pound for pound the hardest fighters I have come across.

P1010442.jpg

P1010443.jpg

P1010448.jpg

P1010449.jpg

jeffsshovelnose02.jpg

And my biggest one...

P1010457.jpg

P1010460.jpg

And the girlfriend with the biggest one...

P1010461.jpg

Thanks for all the complements. Not the biggest fish in the world, but these fish are down right cool! And they put up an awesome fight to go with it.

Went out today early afternoon with the same setup and caught 3 more Shovelnose. One of them was definitely the biggest I have seen yet, and regrettably I did not weigh it or get measurements. I see the state record is 5 lbs and 10 ounces or so, and 36" long. This guy wasn't 3 feet long, but he was close. This one put up a great fight and he even gave us a little jump out of the water (a first that we have seen).

biggeststurgeon.jpg

We have gone out the last three days and I have caught over 10 of them in probably 5 or 6 hours of fishing total. Not Catfish, but I definitely have appreciated the pleasant surprise.

I definitely second that one Jeffrey ... we have been hammering them these past few days ... Our average fish is roughly 30"x8" with Jeff's big one probably being between 34-36"x10" (appx.) Always catch the big ones when you don't have a scale or tape measure eh? (Or memory card in the digicam haha) Definitely a nice prelude to a hopefully great catfish season!

Here-Kitty-Kitty ... I remember ya haha I know that you and I have been through this already ... Jeff, Here-Kitty-Kitty was down there (you know where) with a buddy

My name is Nick (nsnutter) ... Jeff (MNWILD)