• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

precision trolling book

croixflats

So witch one does a guy get. The eighth edition or the

Big water edition or the new pro edition.

-

If anyone can elaborate on the differences in them be much appreciated and also give a description of the Precision Trolling book.

-

This is what I know of the book. The book gives actual in the field results of how deep a lure dives and at what length of line put out. Each make and brand field tested and results and documented in an easy reference guide.

From what I gather and not sure about the new pro series now includes results for lead lining and is water proof and Updateable as new lures come to the market. I am not sure if the pro edition has info of the big water edition or not for that mater I really don't know what info the Big Water edition covers.

I think I got this backwards it is the Big water edition that shows results for lead lineing and not sure if the pro edition has this or if it just focusses on lures.

Been meaning for a while to invest in this tool the new pro as you say is the way to go as I dont do much lead lineing.

Now to find it.

Croixflats, unless you do alot of greatlakes style fishing the big water edition isn't what you want. The 8th edition will cover alot of the most popular crankbait styles and goes through 6lb test dive curves up to somehting like 12 or 14 with super braids covered in the dive charts as well, snap weight systems and depth charts for various weight systems is also covered. It is very useful as a trolling tool. The cranks covered may not be updated to include some of the newer style baits but your more popular selections will be covered well. I am not sure what the pro series involves but for river fishing and a guy that runs leadcore the dive charts would be an interesting read and would be useful. I like that it is waterproof and updateable because every year a new style bait comes along and it is hard to keep up. So, in a nutshell, big water think salmon, trout, walleye on the great lakes, standard edition coveres mono and braid, snap weights and dive curves for the more popular lures on the market, pro series I don't know but would guess it has expanded dive curve charts for newer bait styles and speed/depthcharts for running lures deep on leadcore. I have the basic edition from a couple years back and the big water editions. Takes alot of the guess work out of trolling. Some essential pieces of equipment to compliment would be linecounter reels and a good gps/depthsounder to give you precise speed readings to give you the confidence to know you are in the zone.

Tunrevir~

I've got the 8th edition myself. It's been perfect for my uses I fish mainly inland lakes and have recently started trolling the river. The only problem I see is actually getting your hands on an 8th edition. I didn't look around to much, but it seemed the few places I checked they were sold out.