• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Abu Garcia Revo Suggestions

Larson15

I am looking to add another Revo to my arsenal and I'm debating on what model to get. I currently have a few Revo S reels and was thinking of stepping up to the SX, STX, or the Skeet Reese. Is it worth stepping up to these models or should I just stick with the Revo S.

Hiya -

From what the Abu guys have told me, if you're getting a Revo, either get the S or go all the way up to the STX. The SX isn't that much of an upgrade from the S. I have some Revo Ss and like them a lot.

I haven't use the Skeet Reese model, but it's pretty much an STX with a few upgrades. Performance-wise the most significant upgrade is the bigger handle. It has a longer 'throw' and larger paddles. It's somewhat lighter than the STX, but that's never really been a huge deal to me personally. (When you're a muskie guy used to Garcia 7000s that weight 19 ounces, any bass reel feels light wink ). They're nice reels. Loud colors though.

The other one in the mix is the Winch, which is a lower gear ratio, with the larger handle like the Reese version. I plan on using one for cranking this season...

Hope that helps....

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I have an stx and really like it. Ive gotten out to throw it a few times this year and its one of my favorite reels. If you are looking for a cranking reel I would 2nd the winch. My buddy has the winch and after throwing it I plan on getting one once I have some extra money. Cant go wrong with either the stx or winch IMO.

I got the skeet reese revo last year and really like how it palms in your hand and how smooth they are. however, i'm not a big fan of the longer handle. If all you used was skt revos I think it would be fine because you would get used to it, but when I switch from a normal sized crank handle to a bigger one it feels weird to me for the first couple casts with it. we got these through the school club so I guess i shouldn't be complaining smile

I personally have a revo s and a sx and the s is already takeing a [PoorWordUsage] on me but my sx still feels bran new and they were bought the same age. like everyone else said thewinch is awsome, i wouldnt trade my winch for anything as far as a cranking reel goes