Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

Mirror Carp

27 posts in this topic

Let's see your Mirror carp pictures.

Here's one from a couple of years ago:

IMG_0713.jpg

nice carp...

DEADhead.. do you go to 10klf? seeing as you're in the DL.. and well maybe i'm making assumptions with your screen name

DEADhead.. do you go to 10klf? seeing as you're in the DL.. and well maybe i'm making assumptions with your screen name

the assumption is right.

man.. i always wanted to go up a couple days early for 10k just to fish some of that water up there... but unfortunately i will not be making it up that way this year.. line-up sucks

might get deleated because it was a bowfishing pic but here is one i got.

n715006074_1598437_4069.jpg

Not sure why it would get deleted. Looks like a clean shot and a cool fish, nothing wrong with that laugh

Nice fish guys! I've caught mirror's on the croix before but cant seem to find the picture. I wonder, do we have any leather carp here? I have never heard of anyone catch them in MN.

Those are all really cool looking carp...I've never seen anything like it. Learn something new everyday.

these fish are cool looking but like mentioned above, they are ugly. aside from the asian carp i think they are the ugliest fish in north america. but dont get me wrong its still fun to catch them. and its still good to eat them if you know how to cook them.

Couldnt even tell ya where I got it. First one, in the TC somewhere. Was up visiting a friend and got put on the spot by a helpful FM'er.

DSCN5023.jpg

I have got several over the past couple years. I will try to find pics. Does anyone else think are are becoming more common? I never used to see them around until recently.

I Does anyone else think are are becoming more common? I never used to see them around until recently.

I've never hooked one so I don't think their getting common at all. My bro and law got one last year first one I've witnessed caught. Maybe the body of water your fish is starting to spread the genetics for em. Unless your fishin differant waters then I would say your just lucky.