Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kennelup

turkey hunting in the northern minnesota

7 posts in this topic

does anyone know about turkey hunting in northern minnesota?

Where in Northern MN? I know of good populations in the Brainerd area and Moose Lake/Willow River area.

i should have been more clear. i ment turkey hunting in far north minnesota. i know about the map of all the zones, but what about the rest of the state? the part that does not have any zones.

No turkey hunting in areas outside these zones. There may be a few turkeys present but not in huntable populations far north at this time.

thanks, that is kind of what i thought. just wanted to make sure. i look on the dnr HSOforum and i couldnt find any that said no hunting out of the zones. Borch you said there is a good population in the brainerd area. what is the public hunting like down there? is there a lot? or are the landowner nice enough to let a guy go on their land?

The birds are scatteredx in pockets. Most are on private pieces of ground that I've seen. I've had good luck getting permission to hunt private land for turkeys in the areas I hunt. If you start early and make it clear that you're only looking for permission to hunt turkeys. Also ring a gift or help the landowner out in some way to show your appreciatation.