• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Help Filming while Fishing

PostFrontal

PF, what type of boat do you run? How to secure an expencive camera changes dramaticly between models. I run a Ranger 1850 Reata and utilize the rear ski pedistol, I't works pretty well. Oh by the way, Your welcome for the responce I gave you on a different topic and also thank you for yours! Wish the rest of them could relax abit and debate civily..

Carmon...

Exactly.

I have a FastCat. Catamaran style bass boat. It has all rounded edges on it. So it would be tough to clamp something on. It has 3 holes across the back so you can move the pedastal for the seat, but besides the 2 cletes don't know. Wish I was more of an engineer.

Exactly.

I have a FastCat. Catamaran style bass boat. It has all rounded edges on it. So it would be tough to clamp something on. It has 3 holes across the back so you can move the pedastal for the seat, but besides the 2 cletes don't know. Wish I was more of an engineer.

a guy posted how he set up a camera on the back of his boat by removing the seat. and making a stand to put in the hole

I chatted with my my brother-in-law last night after I saw your responce. He's my fishing partner and one heck of a tool and dye maker with alot of design engineering in his work. He lives 6 miles west of Waconia and would be willing to help. He does work for beer... whistle shoot me an email and we'll swap contact info..He's made some really nice stuff for mine, you wouldnt be disappointed. [email protected]

Carmon....

One other option would be a hat cam. This is more spendy, but pretty neat cause people get to see everything you are looking at

Finsandfeathers might be the best ticket for something custom made. tripod works well, but better be a calm evening.

Good luck and let me know if i can help you out at all.

They seem to make RAM mounts for everything and you can easily adjust various angles. You can probably find a long bolt that threads in where your tripod goes and fasten to a RAM bracket/ball or go cheap and dirty and weld a bolt to a C-Clamp.

FandF you're speaking my language with that kind of currency. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks!

HuntFish- what hatcams would you recommend. I was going to get one for hunting last year. I checked the ones out at the C store in Rogers but after seeing the reviews I could see why they are so cheap.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I have been thinking about this since last summer. I had an older tripod I drill holes into the bottom legs and set up on the platform in the bow of my boat. I then bungee strapped down the tripod to three diffrent cleats on the bow. It took up a bunch of space and I have been back to the drawing board ever since smirk.

I work at a fab shop and that is a good place to start wink.

I have thought up a single camera pole type design, with a removable base. I would make three or four bases and permanently mount them in various locations around my boat. Since last summer I have purchased a new tripod (bigger and better). I will remove the pan head off my old tripod and attach it to the new camera pole at the top. I will then put a tightening mechanism at the lower part of the camera pole, that can be loosened or tightened. That way I will be able to remove the camera pole from the base and be able re-mount it in another base location on the boat or be able to put it away when the boat is in motion.

The other idea I have involves a monopod. I got a very stout monopod with my new tripod and this might be another avenue I might explore.

Will figure out something in the next month and I will let you guys know what I do!

just remember that anything mounted to the boat will will rock just as much as the boat does. You can tell right away whether or not a video was shot with an actual cameraman or sitting on a stationery mount. The horizon wobbles with every slight wave and the footage has a "stiff" feel to it.

The Gorillapod by Joby is the slickest deal for the sportsman in the field.

slrzoomFeature.jpg

I have a GorrilaPod mount for my digital camera and I can wrap or stand it on anything. They store well and are reasonably priced. They have models for everything from a cell phone to a huge commercial digital media camera.

focusFeature.jpg

They now have GPS pods too!

gogoFeatureCycle.gif

Sweet units.

I'm with Ed on this one. I picked up a Gorillapod Zoom that handles larger DSLR's and mounted an old tripod head unit on the top of it. Works like a charm. Wrap it around the seatpost, trolling motor etc. Great little tool....no, I'm not affiliated with the company. I'm just a gadget geek with a bad fishing habit. wink

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.