• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flashlights

ate1cropy

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but im looking to buy a couple new flashlights and im looking for a little help. Has anyone used the surefire lights? I heard they are a great buy. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Also check out Fenix. I have a PD 30 and I cannot say enough about it. 220 lumens at max. output, 4 different levels plus S.O.S.. I paid 67 bucks delivered, and it comes with a belt holster, extra tailcaps and gaskets and 2 cr123 batteries. Great, great light for the money. Any money for that matter.

What are you looking to use them for? Going to and from the stand? Scouting or looking for blood? I have a cabelas LED one. It has high and low beams which I like. But going to and from the stand I use a head lamp that has green lights. You would be shocked how much it don't affect your night vision when you shut it off when you get in the stand.

COAST flashlights perform really well and aren't as expensive as surefire's. You can order them online or get them at Home Depot. I picked up a 3.5 watt one last year and it is as bright as my friends surefire. Better yet, mine runs off of AA batteries, not the expensive ones you get for the surefires.

if i was in the market to buy a flashlight, itd be one the ran off a common battery. AA,C, or D cells. afterall, if you run out of battery at camp, i bet the local gas station has them, and not the goofy expensive ones.

I have three Surefire flashlights. Solid, reliable, dependable. They are really nice lights, but pricey.

I purchased a Fenix L1D about 9 months ago and it has become my EDC. Four light modes including SOS, strobe, a holster, extra tailcap switch, and runs on 1 AA battery. I've used alkaline and lithium and the lithium seem to run better and brighter for a longer time period. The first battery lasted over four months with daily use. I found it on-line for around $55. Hard to beat that deal for a great light.

You can slip it in a pocket or use the holster for carry. Low power is perfect for walking into or out of your deer stand or looking around the boat after dark. Higher powers are great for looking around the garage in the dark, back of truck, etc. I'd definately but another one!