• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bunk Boards

Jack Stasney

Yeah it is a roller type trailer and I am putting these on the sides just to keep waves from pushing the boat off to the side too much when driving it back on in windy conditions . I don't know if there is some general rule of thumb here, but I'll heed Northlander's advice and just play with it till I get to where it works for me. Thanks.

I have gone back and forth on getting these as I often load and unload by myself. Everytime I am close to pulling the trigger I hear another story about someone scraping the side of there boat (over time) and giving it "dock" rash. As I would rather have my boat stay nice and clean, I opt for taking a little more time when loading and do without the fenders. I am interested to hear "expert" opinions one way or the other. I did not mean to hijack your post, just making you aware of something I have heard - may or may not be a factor to you. Good Luck! Paul

I have a bunk trailer and a 19' ProV, I think there is about 3" of free space on each side. The side boards are covered in carpet so they dont scratch if you do bump into them. Love it, can get on the trailer straight pretty much first time everytime regardless of wind.