• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Most anglers love to eat. Let us see your grill in action?

I like this thread, as I grill year round at least a few days a week.

Heres what I made tonight...

Top rack - chicken drum-stix marinated and basted with a spicy buffalo sauce...

Bottom left - venison filet marinated with a garlic-parm sauce

middle - just some thin cut beef filet rare...

right - pork sirloin tips with a sweet n sour glaze...

p4182932.jpg

Yes, it would be better over charcoal... cool

LHarris - Looks like shrimp, shrooms, and pineapple in those kabobs? Something else?

firefish 12 - I make chicken drumsticks on the grill alot.

Heres what I typically do...

On some heavy duty alum foil I place 6-8 legs that I sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, plus whatever else sounds good. Then i'll splash on maybe a 1/4 can of beer. No beer around then just a bit of some liguid. Cover with another piece of foil and crimp/seal the edges.

I cook this on the top rack of a med-hot grill for around 20-25 minutes flipping and turning a few times.

Then they come out of the foil and are charred up for another 10-15 minutes while brushed with some kind of sauce.

Usually I make a basic buffalo wing sauce. I do like to add some bbq sauce to my concoction. Tons of diff options for a finishing sauce - spicy, sweet, garlic-parm, ect. Some great pre-made bottled stuff out there. My girlfriend likes a 50/50 mixture of bbq and ranch on hers. Last summer I made one from scratch with grilled peaches and roasted poblano peppers...

Ah the rites of spring! A cold beer, asparagus and WILD turkey on the grill!

This year was Maple/Chipotle glazed breast with the ever popular "Thunder Thighs"....

turkey013.jpg

MMMM... Butterball who? Nice and moist... melt in your mouth!

turkey014.jpg

I pluck the breast and remove it with the bone intact... keeps it nice and moist when smoking or grilling. I used to use the thighs for soup but we now make "Thunder Thighs". Fillet the thigh meat off the bone in one piece, marinade for at least 8 hours in your choice of marinade... I used garlic steak house, season liberally on the inside with salt and pepper, couple slices of white cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, a couple of pickled jalepenos, and some roasted garlic. Roll up and do a good rub to the meat and then weave the outside with bacon. Put on the grill to sear the bacon and move off the direct heat for a coupe of hours (300 degrees)... slice and enjoy.

Just finished a leftover turkey sandwich for lunch... mmm mmmm. Eating them Is only second to working one into the dekes!

Good Luck!

Ken