• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Gathering 2009

Tyler Voss

April 18th & 19th in Perham

Anyone Going ?

I'm sure it is too far of a trip for some of you guys down south, but is anyone around the area going ? My grandpa, brother, and myself are going on Sunday. Should be a good time. This will be my first time going so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully see some nice decoys and maybe get some pictures.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year and I thought it was a good show. First one I ever attended. The main reason I went was to meet my dealer from MI. He can’t make it this year because of other obligations. Didn’t think I would make it last year being I was seeding wheat till the 12th. Sounded like a good crowd last year to. Little variety for everyone. Some of the decoys actually look alive.

Haven’t decided if I should go this year or not. I’ll know later in the week. It’s the closest show I know of. Get there early so you don’t have to rush thru it. Hrs are Sat 9 to 5. Sunday 10 to 4.

I made it back from the show.

I saw EyeSlayer21 and company there.

I tried to help him find out more about his spear, but no one really knew much about it (other than it is nice, a couple guys were drooling over it laugh ), I couldn't help him with his Grandpa's lure though. crazyblushgrin

I looked for Wayne there but didn't see him.

Not sure how many others from here made it up there, but it was a good show for sure.

I saw some "floating" decoys that were pretty cool I am not sure how they would work. I am sure B-N-S would think those are out of control too. grin

Some guy had a decoy rig with a hole though the decoy so the decoy could be on top of a live decoy. What a great idea! laugh

As Elwood said we picked him up a John Petters for his fish mount and I also picked him up a Brad Lange finless decoy that does loopty loops in the water. (yep outta control there too! grin)

It was fun hagling and B.S.ing with all the carvers.

Larry Lange wouldn't give me a deal on his decoys (I guess you can't B.S. a B.S.er shockedlaugh ) but I bought one from him too.

It is good to see the younger guys getting into the sport.

I bought a few decoys from them (all workers) so now I have an even larger decoy collection. crazy

I have pics and some videos from the show I will post them here some time this week.

Glad to see your back merkman! It was nice meeting you and I thank you for trying to help in finding someone who knew about the spear. While leaving the show, a guy actually approached my grandpa and bought that special lure for 30 bucks! The Big Mommas will love that! :P

As for this being my first show, I enjoyed it! Alot of clever ideas. My brother bought some of the flipper decoys and can't wait til next year to try them out. I wish I wouldn't have forgot my camera, because there were some amazing looking decoys. Hopefully I will be able to go next year!

Dang it if I would have know there were going to be more members there I would have taken part of the day off from work and went to the show. Welcome back to the forums merkman. Thanks for the nice pixs. Being my dealer from MI couldn’t make it I didn’t really think the drive would be worth it but reading this forum I should have went.

I am finally getting around to posting a photo of the new decoys I picked up at the gathering.

Here is what I ended up with.

3516508591_a267d25c6e_b.jpg

The top 4 are all Jim Dorance decoys.

Even 2 spinners. laugh

The blue and cedar one is a Brad Lange

The larger red, yellow, cedar and white is a Cody Zitzow.

The bluegill is a Rick Whittier.

The two silver decoys are Adam Hammes.

The gold fish is a Larry Lange.

The natural fish is a Rick Wirth.

And the little red and white is a Bethel.