• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zodi Hot Shower

propster

Anybody use the Zodi portable Hot Shower? They work great, but suddenly both pumps don't work, and they're practically new. Tried new batteries and that's not doing it. Anybody else have this problem? Company wants to charge me for a new unit, but it seems like it should be such a simple fix, though I'm no electrician. Thanks

I had the same problem with mine. Had to fiddle with the on/off switch and make sure the water supply is at same height as heating unit. Pumps are too weak to pump uphill very much. when they work they are great.

DrKen, I wasn't very clear. Mine doesn't have a problem pumping, it doesn't run at all. I will check the switch. I was just wondering if anyone could shorten my learning curve on what to test or look for, such as with a test light or whatever, and if I find something that's not making a connection or whatever, what needs replacing. Thank you.

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been too. I have had both problems. First check your switch and your battery polarity. One time I thought I had the batteries in right and they weren't and it wouldn't pump. Other times I have had to work with the switch connections by just jiggling the pump. I am not sure yet exactly what connection is iffy. Then when the pump ran i had to raise water supply up to get it to pump. If it loses the ability to pump after it starts heating it will pump steam and melt the hose. I am still learning all the tricks on mine. Don't use it much for showers but it sure makes washing dishes a breeze.