• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Delmon Rant

SkunkedAgain

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they start playing Delmon more. Too much potential there to be sitting on the bench!

My point. He has a higher upside than anyone on the field for the Twins with the exception of Morneau and possibly Mauer.

OMG you all are unbelievable. RIP RIP RIP. smilecrazycrazyshockedsmirk. It is REAL EARLY boys and girls. Keep yor feet firmly placed. The wagon could get a little bit bumpy, but it get on the trail soon.

Sledneck even with the cast he makes that catch, that is how good he can be.

G.C.

Isn't the internet wonderful??? shocked

We can all pretend to be Gardy. grinlaugh

Me, I couldn't even coach a 13 year old team, let alone the majors.

Baseball is entertainment, I love the Twins, but there isn't any real reason to lose sleep over a couple of losses, even if they were to the Chi-sox. It just gives Windy more to brag about! laugh

delmon has his flaws too, but i agree that he needs to play almost every day if not every day. he's taken only 7 pitches in 15 at bats on the season.

Thats the problem and its only going to get worse. I see this situation imploding sooner than later. There just isn't enough trust in Delmons Fielding to have him on the Field on a regular basis. He is not happy already and I'm sure his agent is ringing the Twins phone off the hook.

I see us trading him for a bag of peanuts in the end!

Now Im thinking maybe I dont want delmon to play cause then Cuddy might be placed at first base again and thats something that I dont think I could watch ever again.

that was baseball he was playing? i thought maybe i had accidentally turned it to comedy central.

delmon stunk tonite, cuddy was good tonite. my beef is this: cuddy was robbed 3 times by the umps tonite. he was safe stealing second, safe at first, and gunned down lind at second (lind beat the throw but the ump didnt see his foot totally off the bag without the rear foot in yet when the ball arrived) he showed ZERO fire about it. no passion at all.

Those umps were terrible last night. The home plate ump was extremely inconsistent in his calls: a low strike for Slowey was a ball for Litsch, and vice versa. That called third strike on Morneau was a ball one batter earlier....and it was pretty low regardless!

There are two issues in the Delmon debate:

(1) His fielding

(2) His batting

(1) He stinks in the outfield.

(2) He's a pretty good hitter, with some power and potential

(1) Doesn't seem to have any potential to improve

(2) Could be a great hitter as he matures

I am so torn right now as to what the OF/DH situation should be. Cuddyer and Span should be out there everynight, and I seriously want to give tubby a chance at DH, but that takes out Kubel. IDK right now. How about this- Span LF, Gomez CF and Cuddyer RF. Then let Casilla play 2nd, but let Delmon bat for him vs lefties (but Casilla runs if Delmon gets on) and Kubel DH.

I am not going to rant right now about Delmon, he has struck out a bunch, but had a couple decent at bats, but aside from Casilla batting left handed he has been a real stinker this season. Alot of coaches say nowadays that the rightie vs lefty matchups aren't all that important, maybe they should tell Casilla just to give up batting right handed

I am so torn right now as to what the OF/DH situation should be. Cuddyer and Span should be out there everynight, and I seriously want to give tubby a chance at DH, but that takes out Kubel. IDK right now. How about this- Span LF, Gomez CF and Cuddyer RF. Then let Casilla play 2nd, but let Delmon bat for him vs lefties (but Casilla runs if Delmon gets on) and Kubel DH.

I am not going to rant right now about Delmon, he has struck out a bunch, but had a couple decent at bats, but aside from Casilla batting left handed he has been a real stinker this season. Alot of coaches say nowadays that the rightie vs lefty matchups aren't all that important, maybe they should tell Casilla just to give up batting right handed

right now span is the only one that the team needs out there playing every game. none of the other three are doing much at all from an offensive standpoint (other than their batting stats which are very offensive).

when it comes right down to it, one could make the argument that the starting outfield should consist of span, kubel and gomez (gomez only from the standpoint that he's the strongest defensive player amongst him, cuddy, and young) and have buscher be the dh, at least against rh pitchers.

another thing to keep in mind though is that it is so early in the season so no need to panic yet. comparing baseball to football, we are approximately only about halfway through the 4th quarter of the first football game of the season if you look at it from that perspective.