• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Delmon Rant

SkunkedAgain

Honestly, how does he over run balls like that? He looked like a little leaguer who doesn't understand how to read a ball. Granted it is windy in Chicago tonight but most pros don't make that mistake. The ones that don't make it do.

I was hoping that a years of seasoning would have fixed this...but he lacks something. He's another T-Jack that half of us want to believe in and half of us want him gone today.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those RBIs Young had would have never happened if they had been playing the middle infielders back. He hasn't made solid contact, actually very little contact. Look what he did in the couple at bats prior to his lucky bloop up the middle. The guy looks embarrassing out there. I have never been a fan and never will be until he is gone. I got jumped on last time I commented about him and everyone kept saying he was young and still improving. Well, I'm not sure he can get much worse than the level he is playing right now. The fly ball he over ran reminded me of watching a 7th grade girls softball game!

4 games in 10 official at bats and we're ripping players batting.... Good Grief.

Now back to the topic... his Fielding IMO is/has/will be horrible for years to come. He just doesn't have it defensively. He'll be a DH hopefully sooner than later. I know he has great arm big deal if you can't catch the ball.

Rant over!

Lake-- soo, if the bases are loaded with no one out,, you play the infield in?? Come on,, give him a break. He got the job done in that AB. Does he need work? Of course.

But your point on the infield being in/out is matter of baseball. The bases were loaded-- and the opp was playing for a DP. It's baseball.-- and Delmon will be allright becasue he's a heck of a baseball player.

PierBridge, that's the best use that I've heard of for Delmon. The only problem is that I think they are a season or so away from Mauer being a permenant DH. Maybe they stick Delmon in there for a year or two and then get some good trade value out of him.

Delmon is a much better hitter than Span and Cuddyer. His defense is not good. The ideal would be Span/Gomez/Young in the outfield and Cuddy/Kubel platooning at DH.

Delmon will have a higher batting average and more home runs than Span by the end of the year.

I honestly think that if young had the at bats that cuddy has had this year and vice versa the twins would have no worse than a 3 - 4 w/l record today. Young is not picking up the lf position very well however, I honestly feel that the only reason he's playing there is because they are more or less forced to play cuddy in rf because of his contract that he got after his one abnormally good year.

Not saying cuddy sucks, but he's a very average at best all around baseball player and he happened to be in the right place at the right time with the big contract signing that he has not lived up to since the signing. Young is pretty much at cuddy's level right now but he's got much more potential upside.

Whether he gets the chance to prove it with our team is questionable. It looks like he's going to have to figure out how to get comfortable in lf if he wants to get that chance and even then it's more or less going to require an injury to one of the other outfielders for him to play full time.