Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sutty

Spare Tire

8 posts in this topic

I have a spare tire for my boat that I need to mount on my trailer. My tires are normal car size tires and the mounting kits that they have at fleet farm are not long enough for me. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Give Northern Tool a shot Sutty. I'm doing trailer work this weekend as well and that's where I will be picking up my bearings/tires.

What do you mean by not long enough? The tire is too close to the ground, or what?

marine_man

Could you just buy a piece of threaded rod and cut it/bend it to get the size you needed? You can pick the rod up at just about any hdwe store. Only concern I might have is not knowing how strong it is and having it break.

could get it welded on there.. or go to the hardware store and pick out some "u" bolts that are long nuff...

Thanks for the ideas. I tried buying parts for it and might have to end up welding something up

Check a boat dealer. Cabelas or West Marine catalogues may have what you are looking for. Fabricating something is always possible, but has its challenges as well.

Can you better explain what the issue / problem is?

the mounting kits that they have at fleet farm are not long enough for me

I apologize, but this isn't enough information for me to suggest anything.

marine_man