• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Braided line

mojoputter

I use spiderwire as well. I dont like to go any bigger than 20 or 30# though for bass. Spiderwire is expensive about 15 bucks a spool but use it for bass, pike, and muskie and I have never had any problems with it so I think its well worth the price.

The first time I used Power Pro, I think it was #20, it dug into the reel as you say. It broke my Husky Jerk off way behind the boat casting. I immediately put the tiller in reverse to chase down the lure. It wasn't too long before the propeller grabbed the end of the line and proceeded to pull the end of my Loomis into the prop. Last time I used anything less than 30# Power Pro - lesson learned!

I use 30# PP for some applications, and use 40#/50# PP for heavy situations. I also have used Stren Braid and don't have anything bad to say about it. The difference between braids is what material is being used. From what I've read it seems most use either Dyneema or Spectra fibers. Have no idea the difference between the two.

I hate to say this, but, I'm not sure what kind of braid I have on the one reel I use. I don't use it for throwing top water frogs because braid absorbs water and it sinks. Other wise it works well on buzz baits and spinners.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
Stren Super Braid!

I agree, I can't believe that no one else uses this stuff!!! It is the best...

I have only used 20lb stren for braided line until this year, loaded my new baitcaster up with 50lb PP for various heavy-duty fishing.

Stren is by far my favorite braided line but I didn't feel like paying extra since the PP came for free.

What, no luv for Sufix?

Feel the lil tag pieces of line they tie on the boxes. Feel Power Pro then feel Sufix. You tell me which one is smoother?

I've heard good things about Spider Wire Stealth.

Stren Super Braid was alright to.

I just had a few bad batches of Power Pro so I tried Sufix and I like that a bit more. My. 02