• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Poll For You Car Buffs On FM?

Since spring is upon use once again, the custom cars are starting to pull out of the garage and soon car shows will be going in full swing.

I thought for fun, I would see what what type of car guys/gals we have on FM.

You do not have to own a car to submit a vote. This is to get an idea of what FM'ers like to see or have fond memories from the past!

Go ahead and submit a vote smile

I chose a 60s muscle car up to and including 1972. 1973 they came out with the impact bumpers and lower compression. I didn't care for those. frown

I bet Jer would choose a tricked out 89 Corolla with 20 inch rims, and a spit manifold exhaust.

Im not sure what category I belong in? I put it in 90's domestic/tuner. I got a 95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD which is a American name, Japanesse engine/chassis, and it was made in Illinois (I got a cousin that worked at the plant).

My Chevy was made in Winnipeg. My Dodge was made in mexico. My Toyota was made in Tennesee.... confused Really?

Anyway, if I had a second vote it would be 70's monster sized muscle. Im thinking a 77 Monte Carlo with a 502 stuffed in it would be just ugly enough to make me happy. grin For some reason a car that size needs to do the 1/4 mile in about 11 seconds or so just because it shouldn't. grin

Originally Posted By: zamboni
60s Mopar, Camaros and Mustangs are way too common.

Blaspheme!

426 Hemi's, 427's, and cobra jets are NEVER common enough.

Go to a car show, and count them. How many 49-50 Mercs do you see?? A fraction (if any) of Camaros, Chargers, Mustangs, etc.

Anyway, if I had a second vote it would be 70's monster sized muscle. Im thinking a 77 Monte Carlo with a 502 stuffed in it would be just ugly enough to make me happy. grin For some reason a car that size needs to do the 1/4 mile in about 11 seconds or so just because it shouldn't. grin

I had a 75 Monte. it was a great car. rusty as all heck, but with a few tweaks it went pretty good. they actually dont weigh anything more then the 70-72 Montes.

Any Jeep CJ (no yj's, aka wranglers, allowed) restored to original. No lift kits,fiberglass tubs, or over sized tires either.

gunmunky, this is the "A Poll For You Car Buffs On FM?". I was planning on doing a truck one, but ran out of time that day! Maybe this week some time.

As for the cut off at 70, I can understand what you guys mean. There where some cars like the Charger and Mustang that did not change much into 70, but after 71 it seemed every thing changed. Then you have the introduction of the E-Body in 1970 (Challengers and Cuda's(not the Barracuda)).

You did have a couple models that still looked like 60's Muscle (hence I still made a "70's muscle" option, but de-tuning started right after 70 for emissions reasons and IMO 67-69 muscle maybe should have been in a poll option of it own. Just have to draw the line some where's I guess grin

^I hear ya with the 67-69 idea. That was pretty much the cream of the crop. I love the firebirds in those years. Its just gotten to a point where you got to be a millionaire to afford one now. The cars in the 50's are great because they had so much personality. The big lines and all the chrome. But again, they are so expensive to own now. I like the 70's cars cause they are big miserable smog monsters and nobody wants them so they are cheap. Just insert big block and go...

Sorry shackbash. I didn't realize you were so sensitive. I'm not trying to ruin your survey. These are the vehicles that I have fond memories of. A Jeep CJ was/is the best vehicle a teenager could ever have (in my opinion).

Sorry shackbash. I didn't realize you were so sensitive. I'm not trying to ruin your survey. These are the vehicles that I have fond memories of. A Jeep CJ was/is the best vehicle a teenager could ever have (in my opinion).

Not sensitive all. smile. I see I put a "!" in my second sentence. Sorry Gm.

I am going to do a truck one, but I am sure it will have many more options than this poll, which will take some time.

Originally Posted By: Black_Bay
Originally Posted By: zamboni
60s Mopar, Camaros and Mustangs are way too common.

Blaspheme!

426 Hemi's, 427's, and cobra jets are NEVER common enough.

Go to a car show, and count them. How many 49-50 Mercs do you see?? A fraction (if any) of Camaros, Chargers, Mustangs, etc.

I agree Mercs aren't as numerous. That just makes them that much cooler though.

Had to go with the 00's Domestic Muscle Re treds!!! Old enought to know what the good oldies are, but young enough to like the re-intro's!!! Sorry i really like the the new Fords and Chevs!!!

Cameros and Mustangs!!!!